Woke up this morning and everything from the last week had dissapeared

UCguild

Quite literally all activity from the past week on my forum has gone missing. Oct. 20th at about 11 am is the last post.

Is there any possible way that XenForo deleted all updates from our database for the past week? I don't have a limit on my MySQL database on my server, and XenForo is the only user that has access to that database. I'm also still able to make posts now.

This is a HUGE, gamebreaking problem. A LOT of very important things are now completely wiped from my forums.

There's really no way that could happen short of someone restoring an old back up. Might want to talk to your host about that.

Agreed, sounds very like your host for some reason has restored back to an earlier date. Always keep a number of regular (full site backups) handy. They can be life saver! I always have about 4-5 full site backups archived, just in-case one got corrupted.

Agreed, sounds very like your host for some reason has restored back to an earlier date. Always keep a number of regular (full site backups) handy. They can be life saver! I always have about 4-5 full site backups archived, just in-case one got corrupted.
Well now I know. How often do you do backups?

Well now I know. How often do you do backups?

It varies really, but I do make a few full backups each week. But if I'm making some really important changes I don't want to lose through no fault of my own. I will do a full site backup after completing them. Better to be safe than sorry and if you use cPanel you can just zip your whole public_html directory using File Manager (by browsing one level above it) and download it that way, then use MyPHPAdmin to do a databases back-up next. I find download the site files itself is much more convenient done that way, other than using FTP to download them all. I also compress the site as both GZIP and ZIP to be double sure.

Takes me about 4-5 minutes to do all. Each to their own method though.

Top Bottom