[WMTech] User Self Delete PRO

[WMTech] User Self Delete PRO [Paid] 1.0.2

No permission to buy ($29.00)
Problematic users (with warnings or low reputations) often ask for their account to be deleted. Often because they want to start a new account without the multiple account detection tripping up.I would like to offer user the possibility to remove their account, but at the same time I still need to be able to identify and block malicious users.
Does this addon support multiple account detection for deleted accounts?

Another reason people ask for account deletion is post rage. Someone says something nasty to them and they get so riled up that they want their account deleted. After some time they come back and ask if their account can be restored.
Do you have any suggestion on how to handle this, while still allowing users to delete their account?

Reactions: Xon
This add-on delays the deletion of a user account for some days (admin can specify) and then deletes the account with the default account deletion routine of XenForo. Therefore, once a user account has been deleted, it cannot be restored.

However during the waiting time, the deletion request can be canceled by the user herself or the admin at any time.

Multiple account detection for already deleted accounts is not supported. However, if a user registers another account during the waiting time, our Sticky Multiple Account Detection & Info add-on will detect and report it.

Thank you for the information. This means that this addon can be abused by malicious users trying to avoid the multiple accounts detection. This is too much of a risk to us. I will consider the development of a new addon which will keep the account, but change the name, email, password and usergroup to unregistered. This will allow us to detect duplicate accounts and give people their accounts back if they regret (by merging or restoring)

Last edited:
This means that this addon can be abused by malicious users trying to avoid the multiple accounts detection.

Technically, after the first account has been deleted, there won't be multiple accounts. But I understand what you mean.

but change the name, email, password and usergroup to unregistered. This will allow us to detect duplicate accounts and give people their accounts back if they regret (by merging or restoring)

If you change all identification data of the account you may have troubles to authenticate the restoration of an account, if requested.

We'll think about it and may add an option to just permanently deactivate accounts rather than deleting them.

I'm interested in this addon but is what is that renewal thing of 7,50 every six months?
Is this for updates or...?

I'm interested in this addon but is what is that renewal thing of 7,50 every six months?
Is this for updates or...?

There is no automatic renewal (just like with XenForo itself). If you would like to download a new version or get support after the initial support period, you can manually renew it for $ 7.50.

Please consider this option.

Also: what about media albums set to private in XFMG?

Yes, the option to permanently deactivate accounts is a confirmed new addition to this add-on.

But currently accounts will be deleted and private albums will be handled exactly how they would be handled if you manually delete a user account. I don't know if they are supposed to stay or to be deleted in XFMG, you would have to ask XF about that.

There is more to it than that. Media is just user generated content so if the account is deleted then the user generated content stays.
However, media that is in a private album is a whole different matter. While technically it is still user generated content, practically it is private photo's and private video and legally it is required to delete this content with account deletion.

So there is a legal and practical need to distinguish between XFMG media and XFMG media in albums set to private.
XFMG media should stay. XFMG media in private albums should be deleted on account deletion.

There is more to it than that. Media is just user generated content so if the account is deleted then the user generated content stays.
However, media that is in a private album is a whole different matter. While technically it is still user generated content, practically it is private photo's and private video and legally it is required to delete this content with account deletion.

So there is a legal and practical need to distinguish between XFMG media and XFMG media in albums set to private.
XFMG media should stay. XFMG media in private albums should be deleted on account deletion.

I agree. However this should be added to the official suggestions forum for XFMG, since the behavior of the core software after the deletion of an account is beyond the scope of our add-on.

This interests me a bit... can you configure how this handles posts? I would like the content to be left with a default/null left for the name.

This interests me a bit... can you configure how this handles posts? I would like the content to be left with a default/null left for the name.

The content of deleted accounts is left as per default XenForo behavior. However with our add-on you can activate an option to automatically change the username of the deleted user's posts to a default name chosen by you.

With the next update we will also provide the option to add the userid of the deleted account to your chosen default name (eg. "Guest-12456").

In the latest XF version it is possible to delete a user and rename the guest account to 'deleted user #userid'.
Would it be possible to put this functionality also in User Self Delete? I would prefer this method.

In the latest XF version it is possible to delete a user and rename the guest account to 'deleted user #userid'.
Would it be possible to put this functionality also in User Self Delete? I would prefer this method.

Such a feature is already supported since the first version of this add-on. You can opt to rename the deleted user's messages with an optional username you can setup in the options. This will be the same username for all deleted accounts however. We do not support to include the userid into the new name.

And, since our add-on only extends XenForo, this core feature should work even with our add-on installed. If you don't setup our add-on to rename the deleted user but setup XenForo to do so, it should work as expected.

Such a feature is already supported since the first version of this add-on. You can opt to rename the deleted user's messages with an optional username you can setup in the options.
Yes, I know that, but as you said, it will put all deleted users to the same account. I personally liked the new core feature, where every deleted user would get a 'random' guest account.

And, since our add-on only extends XenForo, this core feature should work even with our add-on installed. If you don't setup our add-on to rename the deleted user but setup XenForo to do so, it should work as expected.
If I don't setup the addon to rename the deleted user, then XF will delete the user without renaming.
If I manually delete the user in XF, I get an extra option to rename the user with user id. Is it possible to use this option in the add-on?

Last edited:
If I don't setup the addon to rename the deleted user, then XF will delete the user without renaming.
If I manually delete the user in XF, I get an extra option to rename the user with user id. Is it possible to use this option in the add-on?

There is one more update outstanding for this XF1 add-on which introduces a new feature. The new feature provides an option to not hard delete accounts but move them to a specified user group.

I think it should be possible to recode the rename feature to include the userid (just as the new core feature) and release it with that planned update.

After that development will focus at XF2.

Top Bottom