[WMTech] User Blocking System

[WMTech] User Blocking System [Paid] 1.0.3

No permission to buy ($39.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] User Block Users - Your Users Are Able Totally Block Other Users in Your XenForo Board

Description / Features:
This add-on allows users at your forum to totally block another user. It provides an valuable extension to the default XenForo user ignore feature.

A user blocking another user is totally hidden towards the blocked user and the blocked user is also totally hidden from the blocking user. This includes all content they may have created at your forum.

The user blocking the other user can release the block at any time after which all content of the 2 users will...

Read more about this resource...

@wmtech I think it's like Facebook block system right? If user block any user, then blocked user will never see other user (blocked by).

I am really confused how this works, what are the large gains from this addon, versus the "ignore" feature already provided in the default.

@wmtech I think it's like Facebook block system right? If user block any user, then blocked user will never see other user (blocked by).

Correct. Similar to Facebook.

I am really confused how this works, what are the large gains from this addon, versus the "ignore" feature already provided in the default.

This add-on makes it possible that a user can totally block another user in addition to just ignoring him.

If you ignore a user, you cannot see the ignored users content any more, but the ignored user still can see your content without any problem. He does not even recognize you ignoring him.

If you block this user, not only you cannot see his content but also he can no longer see your content. In addition both of you are also blocked from contacting each other and from seeing any other informations (like the profile page, etc.). The blocked and the blocking user simply cannot see anything from or about each other anymore.

Is there an option for admins to block two members from each other?

No, but there is already another add-on for this. Created by Syndol, now distributed by Waindigo. Called Force-Ignore. You may try it.

We also think about adding that feature to this add-on in one of the next releases. Seems like a natural extension for it.

Does this also work with shoutbox?

I don't think so. This has not been tested with ShoutBox.

Information:

If you use this add-on and want all blocked users to be completely hidden from each other, you need to set the ACP option "Disable Unhiding of Hidden Content For Blocked or Ignored Users?" to "Never show content to anyone".

Otherwise this add-on will act like a default "ignore" extension and allow blocked users to unhide blocked content. It also won't block users completely from each other.

The next version will change this behavior to be default.

@wmtech these accounts not the same customer. I'm just administrator of his forums. Please be aware what you said on your last responses. We don't have a bad intent. If you respect other people's opinions, they will also respect your opinions.

If one person is the administrator and the other one the owner of the forum who bought one (1) license, both of you are the same customer.

Giving two (2) 1-star reviews for the same license because you were not able to set the options correctly and without even trying to contact us and ask for help prior to the review is very unfair and extremely unfriendly.

I do not even mention the very strange wording publicly accusing us to take drugs in your first review.

@wmtech

Do I know you? I can't understand why I will your enemy? You gave us false information about your addon. So we have reacting cause of this situation.

This is our review !! I am sure there is members who like this addon. So you will wait good comments. You said us "this addon is similar with facebook" so we bought. We will correct our comment when you improve your addon how you said.

This add-on works as expected and advertised. There is nothing to be fixed we know of.

If you still have problems to get it to work as you expect, please open a support ticket at wmtech.net and we can help you with the settings and permissions.

Last edited:
I've edited my response to the one review left after the deletion of the second one to remove the statement that both reviews were made by the same customer.

I also want to mention, that neither Eagle nor Fatih Özcan (both affiliated with the same site our product has been licensed to and complaining not to work as expected) has contacted us for help until now. Because we take complaints very seriously, we've registered at the licensed site and tested the still installed product just to see it is setup correctly now and works like it should and it would be expected.

Last edited:
Can users block moderators and administrators? If so, is there a way for a moderator or administrator to override this?

Administrators or moderators can NOT be blocked by users. They also cannot block any user.
There is no way to override this behavior with this add-on.

@Fatih Özcan
@wmtech has always provided great support for his customers ( Im one of those happy customers ), please don't destroy a hard work just because you feel angry.
I have bought many addons and themes from other coders , many of them does not work as expected. but I had never rated them with 1 star, especially when the developer is communicating and willing to help .
those 1 star reviews are not fair, and you are not punishing the coder here, but XF customers, as many developers will stop working if addons can be underrated so easily.

I recently installed this add-on and my users are able to block administrators.

It is technically not possible with this add-on to block a user, who is in the Administrator or Moderator group at the time of the block or ignore. This is the default XenForo behavior and won't be changed with this add-on.

If you think admins can be blocked, please try that yourself. You'll see it does not work. You can also try to block "wmtech", the administrator at our board https://wmtech.net. You'll also see it won't be possible.

If you have any problems, please open a support ticket at https://wmtech.net/. We would be happy to take a look into your installation and check your database table if that claim of your user is true or not. We cannot think about a way why and how it should be possible to block a member of the administrator group.

Top Bottom