[WMTech] TAC - Stop Country Spam

[WMTech] TAC - Stop Country Spam [Paid] 3.0.0

No permission to buy ($19.00)
I really wish the XF devs would take a break from giving us tons of cute new emojie options and fancy URLs and instead address some of the core issues, like stopping spam registrations, which afflict sites running forums.

Create a thread in the suggestions forum and have everyone like it.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

He left the community. This is in his signature.

"Exiting XF / forum related involvements. Pending TAC conversions will be done before so. Subsequent intent to dispose of all add-ons. Best regards"

Damn. I bought the add-on in January for my new 2.0 board. Now thjat I've upgraded to 2.1, it's useless. Any quick fixes for the Yugensoft plugin?

Last edited:
Is it possible to point it to a local geoip list and adding "extra countries"?

Example: I would like to block some people from a certain area of my country (a list of cities).
I modified an old addon (TPU: Detect Spam Registrations) to check the city entry too instead of the country only.
I duplicated the country section pointing it to "city" value in the json/xml.

Is it possible to point it to a local geoip list and adding "extra countries"?

Example: I would like to block some people from a certain area of my country (a list of cities).
I modified an old addon (TPU: Detect Spam Registrations) to check the city entry too instead of the country only.
I duplicated the country section pointing it to "city" value in the json/xml.

This add-on uses external GeoIP services for geo information. There are several free and paid services available and you can use any service you like which provides JSON results.

It does not use a downloaded MaxMind file.

So -beside of creating your own geo information service site with customized data- you would not be able to block people at a city level unfortunately.

This add-on uses external GeoIP services for geo information. There are several free and paid services available and you can use any service you like which provides JSON results.
IIRC Usually they provide city entry, too.

IIRC Usually they provide city entry, too.

This is not how it is intended to be used.

However, it can theoretically be tweaked to support city results where the exact city name result is known and added (the code of the add-on has to be changed for that!) to the list of countries to be blocked. But you certainly cannot mix country and tweaked city blocking.

And you are on your own with that "modification".

Wondering about XenForo v2.2.x support??

Now that we're at XF v2.2.x I'm wondering whether this interesting-looking Add-On works with it? If so, I'll purchase! Thanks!!

Hello, what is the advantage / disadvantage of using the "Cache GeoIP Data" option?

Thanks.

This option creates a cache and stores GeoIP data for some time to prevent frequent calls to the external GeoIP provider if the same ip data will be requested more than once. We recommend to have it activated all time.

Top Bottom