[WMTech] Post Guard Pro

[WMTech] Post Guard Pro [Paid] 1.0.4

No permission to buy ($19.00)
What is the appropriate way to upgrade from the free version to the paid version?

If your mysql is later than 5.7.8 (released 2015-08-03), installing Pro will automatically transfer over your Basic post guards as Regex guards, copy over any phrases prefixed with pg_, and disable the Basic add-on.

If it's earlier than 5.7.8, you'll have to manually do the copy over of the old guards.

Is this all permission based per user group? It seems that if it is, then this would be able to take over from the stop human spam add-on you now have -- if it handles sneaky URL's too.

Is this all permission based per user group? It seems that if it is, then this would be able to take over from the stop human spam add-on you now have -- if it handles sneaky URL's too.

It allows you to exclude user groups from guards.

It doesn't handle sneaky URL's. The regex's that were used in catching the sneaky URLs in Stop Human Spam are epic. There is some overlap with that add-on, but it was designed for catching spammers. Post Guard Pro is designed to be for general purpose "maintain posting standards" stuff. It can be used to supplement anti-spam (although that's not its aim as an add-on), but it's mostly designed to force legitimate members to post (or not post) in whichever ways the admin desires.

Last edited:
If your mysql is later than 5.7.8 (released 2015-08-03), installing Pro will automatically transfer over your Basic post guards as Regex guards, copy over any phrases prefixed with pg_, and disable the Basic add-on.
I currently have both installed. No rules here: /admin.php?post-guard-pro/
I assume I need to manually port it over and then uninstall? Will that work?

@Alfa1 I'm surprised it didn't transfer them, what was the version of the Post Guard basic? So I can check why.

But yes it's an option just to manually port them over, and copy-paste the old phrase texts; and then uninstall post guard basic (they each use their own database tables).

There seems to be a logical conflict with XF's Mass Revert Post Edits function. If the original text conflicts with a post guard, then revert will not work for all posts. This is unwanted behaviour. Revert Posts is typically used when a member rage quits and destroys all their posts out of anger. Sometimes this concerns hundreds of posts. Thankfully XF has a function to revert this mass destruction. Post guard should not block this.

Also reported to @Xon Moderator Essentials as this extends the Revert Posts function:
https://atelieraphelion.com/threads/posts-will-not-revert.300/
But I highly suspect this is an issue with Post Guard because it would make sense if this is the conflict.

Reactions: Xon
I'd like to display an error when someone posts the following:
  1. Please don't reply
  2. Please do not reply

There seems to be a logical conflict with XF's Mass Revert Post Edits function. If the original text conflicts with a post guard, then revert will not work for all posts. This is unwanted behaviour. Revert Posts is typically used when a member rage quits and destroys all their posts out of anger. Sometimes this concerns hundreds of posts. Thankfully XF has a function to revert this mass destruction. Post guard should not block this.

Also reported to @Xon Moderator Essentials as this extends the Revert Posts function:
https://atelieraphelion.com/threads/posts-will-not-revert.300/
But I highly suspect this is an issue with Post Guard because it would make sense if this is the conflict.

I believe adding admin (or which ever group has the rights to use this function) as excluded groups in the guards, will avoid this.

I'd like to display an error when someone posts the following:
  1. Please don't reply
  2. Please do not reply

You can use type "Words" for those, it takes phrases too.

Top Bottom