[WMTech] Optional Forums

[WMTech] Optional Forums [Paid] 2.0.2

No permission to buy ($9.00)
Does this guy every respond? I posted here and even sent an email and not a word.

This add on is NOT working properly and I'm not getting any help! There are NO instructions! Had to figure everything out myself. Not worth $10 bucks so far... Reply or REFUND!

You did purchase between Christmas and the New Year, so you may want to give the chap a few days to get back to you in case they're on holiday.

This is by design. It seems to me that the 'optional forums' are opt-in. i.e. members do not see such forum unless they opt-in.

Thanks for your help. That seems backwards to me. How are they supposed to opt into something they can't see? :(

You did purchase between Christmas and the New Year, so you may want to give the chap a few days to get back to you in case they're on holiday.

Yeah I know but what bothers me is this guys last activity on this forum was back in August! Most people still check their emails during holidays.

Thanks for your reply. :)

Here is the description of this add on:
If a user chooses to hide an optional forum, he won't see it in forum lists, in New Posts, or searches etc.

This is useful for boards with controversial or NSFW sub-forums. Users are no longer faced with the choice of: not viewing the board at all, or viewing a board they partly dislike the content of. They can simply opt out of the sub-forums they don't like.

He's saying if a person wants to hide a forum and also mentions that they can "opt out." This to me is the way it should be and what I was expecting when I purchased it.

Hi, did you end up getting it working?

Yes I'm not active in XF anymore, and once I've tied off some loose ends I'll be exiting the forum space generally.

People have found some of the addons I made valuable, and some people are eagerly waiting on some remaining Tac addons, so while my instinct was to retire my addons and cease operation due to net negative costs, I'd rather exit by finishing up and then hopefully sell off the addons to a willing buyer who'll keep them going. I think that'd be for the best overall, but it'll take time, and I still have more pressing priorities.

Anyway, I might make a note of all this in my sig.

Hi, did you end up getting it working?

Yes I'm not active in XF anymore, and once I've tied off some loose ends I'll be exiting the forum space generally.

People have found some of the addons I made valuable, and some people are eagerly waiting on some remaining Tac addons, so while my instinct was to retire my addons and cease operation due to net negative costs, I'd rather exit by finishing up and then hopefully sell off the addons to a willing buyer who'll keep them going. I think that'd be for the best overall, but it'll take time, and I still have more pressing priorities.

Anyway, I might make a note of all this in my sig.

Hi, no I had to turn it off because it was making forums disappear for everyone. I'm only looking to get what I paid for and what the description said. I think the idea of the add on is great and would be very helpful for my members if there is an easy fix.

Obviously your add on's have some issues and that should be a priority too since it's a product that you are selling. Why do you continue to sell them with known problems?

Is there a fix so when I add this option to a forum that it only makes it an option to remove it? As it is now, the forum goes away for everyone instead of only those that would like it to.

Just wanted to mention that I'm not looking to irk anyone or make anyone look bad. I really like the idea of this add on and would like to get it working but was getting a little worried when I didn't get a reply.

Hopefully this can be fixed.

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Still listed on my website (see my profile - About), but beware I'm not supporting these anymore, so I'll probably be open-sourcing some of them.

Is there any way I can reset all users custom preferences for this addon?
So I can set back the default selections.
Thanks.

Top Bottom