Resource icon

[WMTech] - Maintenance Screen PRO [Paid] 1.1.0

No permission to buy ($15.00)

wmtech

wmtech submitted a new resource:

[WMTech] - Maintenance Screen PRO (version 1.1.0) - The last add-on you'll install showing a blank white page to your visitors!

Description:
Every time you install an add-on, rebuild your templates or do other maintenance work in your XenForo ACP (Admin Control Panel) the forum shuts down for a few minutes and all visitors see a blank white screen without any notice only.

This "Maintenance Screen PRO" XenForo Add-On solves that problem. It checks if a blank screen would be shown, intervenes that process automatically and shows a default maintenance screen with a short info to your visitor...

Read more about this resource...

Do I need to upload the folder contents as well if I had the lite version installed? Because when I do the test mode nothing happens now.

Do I need to upload the folder contents as well if I had the lite version installed? Because when I do the test mode nothing happens now.

You need to upload the files, install the add-ons xml file in XenForo (thus, updating the lite edition) and copy your license number into the add-ons ACP. Just as per instructions.

Sorry for the missunderstanding, I corrected the upgrade instructions to be more precise now.

At first glance I don't see a difference. Why should I buy the pro? (And I will depending on the answer. My hand is hovering over the "Buy" button!)

At first glance I don't see a difference. Why should I buy the pro? (And I will depending on the answer. My hand is hovering over the "Buy" button!)

From the Description tab ...

Extended Features compared to Maintenance Screen Lite Edition:
(available here)
  • Works just out of the box after installing, no need for additional customized files
  • Lands your visitors at the exact page they've requested after the outage, not just forum home
  • Very easy setup, get your individual Maintenance Screen without any coding
  • Supports and autodetects your individual sorry.html file if you have one
  • Recodes your individual "sorry.html" with individual redirection for each single visitor (to get them the page they've requested)
  • Support of test strings for Site Monitoring Services
  • Test Mode Switch to check your setup

Aw crap did I read that wrong! I read that as what was IN the lite version. So I fail and fail badly. My penance? I'm going to buy an addon!

This issue was fixed a long time ago in the core.

You can uninstall this add-on.

In XenForo 1.1.4 there was an update which meant that the plain white screen you used to see while installing styles and add-ons no longer appeared.

From then, when you install an add-on or style, the forum can resume as normal without needing to display a blank screen - or of course this maintenance screen.

With that in mind, you should just uninstall this add-on.

Sort of.

As of a late 1.1.x version:

The forum continues as normal while add ons and styles are being installed.

Top Bottom