[WMTech] Double Post Merge

[WMTech] Double Post Merge 1.3.1

No permission to download
  • Thread starter Thread starter Syndol
  • Start date Start date
I have a glitch problem with my board , do i need to set a time interval for this?
Coz it keeps merging to the first thread if i will make a new reply .

Hello, do you know any hack that is very similar to yours but avoid.
Users to post the same message many times?
For example to publish 10 posts (Hello matter? Greetings.)
I try to find something to prevent this and the closest thing is yours but it is not what I want.

I need to prevent the Flood

Thank you.

Nice add-on! I am not sure if this is a bug, but I wanted to disable merging for a certain forum, so I tried to select a time limit of zero but it wouldn't save the setting. Best I could select is 1 minute.

After some testing, there is definitely an issue trying to set permissions on specific nodes.

For example, I set a user group permission with a time limit of 1 and after 1 minute, the posts would no longer merge (which is want I wanted). But then if I change the permission for a specific node, it still follows the general user group rule (which is supposed to be overridden).

Also, I can set a time limit to 0 and it will save for user groups (in general). But a time limit of 0 will not save when setting user group node permissions.

Thanks for the info @ManOnDaMoon. I can live with setting the times to 1 instead of 0 but the node specific user group permissions not overriding the global user group permission is a bit more problematic. All my users have "Registered" as their primary user group, by the way.

As ManOnDaMoon mentioned, this is a XenForo permission thing and has nothing to do with the add-on.
Permissions are cumulative which means that if your user group has a value of 5, then the node permission must be higher in order for it to take effect.
If you set the group permission to zero (0) and then set the node permission to 5, then it will save it.
Unfortunately in this case it is the opposite order in which you wish to have things set.

Just an FYI

This doesn't seem to work in XenForo 1.2

Don't expect you to rush to this. It is after all a beta. But thought I would let you know.

Thanks for the update but can you elaborate this please "Added username tagging and forum watch (messages) alerts."
With XF 1.2 Username Tag alerts go out whenever the merging post includes such a tag.
With XF 1.2 Forum watch alerts for new messages go out whenever the merging post 'bumps' the thread and the thread belongs to a watched forum.

Small bug:

ErrorException: Undefined index: message - library/DoublePost/ControllerPublic/Thread.php:192

@Syndol when I use this addon with "post as user" addon, it merges the post although it's send with another account. Can we add maybe an exception to this addon or is there are workaround?

Top Bottom