With the new xf1.4 and addons

RAHSTYLES

With the new xf1.4 .. Do you think most of these addons need an update.. or did xf1.4 did not do much change to the core forums?

So i guess what im saying is do you need to disable the add ons first before the upgrade or just upload the files and upgrade right away and just merge the temeplates?

No. Just update.

Throw caution into the wind, and roll with it. That's what I do. Multiple forums, multiple add-ons (many variations), no issues.

(Instructions to be followed at your own risk)

Only issue I've noticed is Tenants honeypot add-on. Seems to cause a conflict with something and had to disable it.

Yea i dont have any of the spam add ons.. but i do have like 20 addons.. running
They'll likely only conflict if they have a feature similar to something new in 1.4. For example that anti spam add on probably conflicts because 1.4 added more spam prevention features. From what I've seen in the last week, most things seem to run just as well.

With the new xf1.4 .. Do you think most of these addons need an update.. or did xf1.4 did not do much change to the core forums?

So i guess what im saying is do you need to disable the add ons first before the upgrade or just upload the files and upgrade right away and just merge the temeplates?
It was so so horrible .....

I got random PHP errors, so I had to disable add-ons, then reinstall, but it didn't work, so I had to load a backup, then start again with plugins disabled. Then I lost my admin password somehow because the xf_user table went corrupted. Then the "installing master data" took forever and kept timing out and I needed to start again, then I realized that the opcache from Zend didn't get the latest installer and I was running a cached version, and, worst of all the language was not rebuilt so I got an blank page for the AdminCP.

Nahhh... none of that happened. Upgrade was flawless and took 5 minutes.

It was so so horrible .....

I got random PHP errors, so I had to disable add-ons, then reinstall, but it didn't work, so I had to load a backup, then start again with plugins disabled. Then I lost my admin password somehow because the xf_user table went corrupted. Then the "installing master data" took forever and kept timing out and I needed to start again, then I realized that the opcache from Zend didn't get the latest installer and I was running a cached version, and, worst of all the language was not rebuilt so I got an blank page for the AdminCP.

Nahhh... none of that happened. Upgrade was flawless and took 5 minutes.

LOL.. I thought you were serious till the last line..

Top Bottom