WiredTree sold to LiquidWeb

dvsDave

I have enjoyed fantastic support over the years as a customer of WiredTree.com and I got an email today that they have been sold to Liquidweb.

Not. Happy.

They claim they will give us equal or better plans at the same price, but for how long?

I'm debating whether to give them a chance or try to find someone else.

Any recommendations for a managed dedicated hosting provider?

Ooh interesting..

I actually was fed up with WiredTree due to a recurring downtime issue they couldn't resolve and moved to LiquidWeb awhile ago. Have been very happy since but admittedly their VPS plans are definitely much more pricier..

Ooh interesting..

I actually was fed up with WiredTree due to a recurring downtime issue they couldn't resolve and moved to LiquidWeb awhile ago. Have been very happy since but admittedly their VPS plans are definitely much more pricier..

Their email today said that they would honor our WiredTree agreements with the same price and equal or better hardware, but they didn't say for how long! :sneaky:

No, their "Migration Team" hasn't contacted me yet with details specific to my install. They will be doing the migration over the next 6 months.

I've been more or less happy with the service from LiquidWeb for about 7 years. Perhaps there are better deals, but "the devil you know."

Don't blame you for being unhappy.

Any recommendations for a managed dedicated hosting provider?
I would ask... do you really believe you need managed hosting nowadays?

You can setup your own server for next to nothing, install cpanel if you want to easily manage your server, once you have the initial aspects setup and configured, you don't touch a thing. Management beyond initial setup is just wasted money.

You can take hundreds per month in managed hosting to $20 - $40 a month doing it yourself, plus initial setup costs if you don't know how to do it, and some optimisation IF your server is pretty busy.

Last edited:
Liquid web is amazing. They have backed me so well since I moved to them. They do a fantastic job. I've been with them for years doing high-scale and low-scale projects and it's been great.

Top Bottom