1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windroid

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by smartpixels, Jul 6, 2014.

1. smartpixels

smartpixels Active Member

2. Shyuan

Shyuan Well-Known Member

Haha, Android's looks much better :p

3. Sheratan

Sheratan Well-Known Member

they said metro ui looks ugly, now they rip them off. :D

4. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

ugh!!!!!!

5. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

Sorry, Google, but this is looks like an epic fail.

This looks even worse than Metro, a bit like Windows after a Teletubbie invasion.

6. xavimtz

xavimtz Member

Awesome design, I love it...

7. Quillz

Quillz Well-Known Member

It looks similar but not the same. Everyone copies from everyone else, there is nothing new about this.

8. =MGN=RedEagle

=MGN=RedEagle Well-Known Member

Looked on Google for more info, where did you get that image? I would love to learn more.

9. RickM

RickM Well-Known Member

The funny thing is that Google will probably do a better job of the 'mashup of flat boxes' trend than Microsoft. Google's UX team has become amazing in the last couple of years. Their new design documentation is worth looking at.

Regardless of if its a copy or not, or what your views on Google may be, they have some very talented designers on their books these days.

10. SilverCircle

SilverCircle Well-Known Member

Interesting how people always cheer for the design and "looks" and completely ignore usability.

Also interesting to watch how all these new concepts fail. See Windows 8. The end result will be that Windows 8.1 + 1 will re-introduce the start menu. My guess was that Google would be smart enough to learn from such mistakes. Apparently not.