Windows hosting reccomendations...

Slavik

XenForo moderator
Staff member
Ok had a customer who I currently host provide me with a set of files they want making live (some old website they want active)

It is based in asp, so despite trying to get mono to work (with no luck) i've said that they need some windows hosting plan.

Anyways, the format of the files theyve given me is as such

root
|
-/db/
-/wwwroot/
-/logs/

Obviously wwwroot is what is web accessable, and the /db/ folder contains 2 .mdb files.

Now when I made a basic 1+1 hosting account, they don't support this format.

Can anyone reccomend a host who would?

Cheers.

Are you telling me that the website is working from a Microsoft Access database?

If so, then most Windows hosts should support that.

Are you telling me that the website is working from a Microsoft Access database?

If so, then most Windows hosts should support that.

But the issue (from what I gathered) is mostly the specific folder setup used for this project.

(I also raised an eyebrow seeing the .mdb extension. Why not use SQL Express instead?)

But the issue (from what I gathered) is mostly the specific folder setup used for this project.

(I also raised an eyebrow seeing the .mdb extension. Why not use SQL Express instead?)

I would think that the issue is more at application level than server level.

I would think that the issue is more at application level than server level.

In that case I might have misread. How could a host not support MS Access, though? They don't even need the application installed. It's just a database.

In that case I might have misread. How could a host not support MS Access, though? They don't even need the application installed. It's just a database.

They do support it, however on their shared hosting the ftp access logs you directly into wwroot, and no way to go to a higher directory level, as such there was no place for me to place the /db/ folder correctly.

They do support it, however on their shared hosting the ftp access logs you directly into wwroot, and no way to go to a higher directory level, as such there was no place for me to place the /db/ folder correctly.

On a side note, this has now been sorted ^^

Alright, then I did read it right :) Good to hear you managed to solve it, though :)

Top Bottom