Add-on Willing to pay $40 USD, Force all post to be "Sentence case"

Doesn't "Automatically Adjust Case of Discussion Titles" to "Sentence Case" already do that for you? Or do you want to force it on the post content also?

Never mind, I guess you want it on the post content, after re-reading the title, lol

Reactions: rdn
We can do this for you. It can be done in CSS as well, but we can also just modify the post before its saved to the db as well.

I think I got it working now.
/* Sentence Case */
.messageText {
text-transform: lowercase;
}
.messageText::first-letter {
text-transform: uppercase;
}

Thanks for the hint Mike :D.

Technically this won't work for proper nouns and acronyms and such. So I might recommend not doing the lowercase part. But the first-letter upercase makes sense to me.

Could do a check first to see if all letters in a post are capitalized and only then convert it to sentence case since the goal is simply to prevent shouting (a post with all caps).

Non custom addon path:
Step 1. Use CSS to convert all sentences as you want it to be.
Step 2. To handle acronyms, use one of the many keyword replace addons on here so they are capitalised etc. You will need to feed all the used acronyms into the addon though. Keyword replace addons are a must have anyway with most having link attribute properties to redirect your users to other knowledge sections within a site.

Non custom addon path:
Step 1. Use CSS to convert all sentences as you want it to be.
Step 2. To handle acronyms, use one of the many keyword replace addons on here so they are capitalised etc. You will need to feed all the used acronyms into the addon though. Keyword replace addons are a must have anyway with most having link attribute properties to redirect your users to other knowledge sections within a site.

If you replace the text using a keyword replace add-on the CSS will still change the case of it

In some case could be useful add a class to messageText (if the user is in a specific usergroup) so this can be used on specific user that use only CAPITAL LETTERS.

A better solution would be convert them and write on the DB.

Top Bottom