• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Will Pay] Mass Alert System

Shelley

Related to that thread you linked to. I made some additional suggestions I think would add substance to this awesome suggested feature. (below)

Before I read the first post this is exactly how I envisioned it to be described in the first post. Nice idea, good suggestion and a beneficial feature if you ask me I would like to see. Perhaps being an important announcement the colouring of the alert could be different from the standard red and maybe take priority asthe one that shows with a kind of weighting system being deployed so that this alert takes priority over other alerts.

Digital Doctor

Any change to the red popup will alert frequent users. To get other users surprised, you might need a bit more of a change. To get everyone to click it ... it would have to flash and make a sound. Actually a sound might work.

priority.alert.example.not.so.good.jpg

I think the "Priority Alert" should appear at the top.

high.priority.alerts.at.the.top.jpg
Alerts are great now.
I think expanding them with a MAJOR ADDON, that supports other addons and tweaks would be a good idea.
Everyone would need it. We could all pay $2 :)

DoctorWatsOn

Any change to the red popup will alert frequent users. To get other users surprised, you might need a bit more of a change. To get everyone to click it ... it would have to flash and make a sound. Actually a sound might work.
If there's going to a sound alert I would like the option to turn the sound off in the adminCP, I hate going to sites that throw any sound at me that I haven't specifically clicked on to hear - worst than sites with flashing adverts all over the place.

I think the "Priority Alert" should appear at the top.
I like this idea.

I'll go on record to say I would be more than happy to make a $10 donation for this sort of feature.