1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

[Will Pay] Mass Alert System

Discussion in 'Add-on Requests [Archive]' started by kingston, Jan 1, 2011.

1. kingston

kingston Well-Known Member

The ability to send mass alerts to the board based on groups. This mod is worth $100 to me.

This mod has been completed.
  2. Luke F

Luke F Well-Known Member

Would these alerts use custom html or link to a thread/post?
    DoctorWatsOn and Shelley like this.
  3. Robbo

Robbo Well-Known Member

Sounds like a useful mod. If I get time and no one else does it I'll make it.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Knowing Darkimmortal, as he's clarifying a point, he's already probably half finished it :D
  5. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

6. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

Oh, something else that sounds interesting. [​IMG]
    Darkimmortal and Digital Doctor like this.
  7. Shelley

Shelley Well-Known Member

Related to that thread you linked to. I made some additional suggestions I think would add substance to this awesome suggested feature. (below)

Digital Doctor and DoctorWatsOn like this.
  8. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

Any change to the red popup will alert frequent users. To get other users surprised, you might need a bit more of a change. To get everyone to click it ... it would have to flash and make a sound. Actually a sound might work.

I think the "Priority Alert" should appear at the top.

Alerts are great now.
    I think expanding them with a MAJOR ADDON, that supports other addons and tweaks would be a good idea.
    Everyone would need it. We could all pay $2 :)
  9. DoctorWatsOn

DoctorWatsOn Well-Known Member

If there's going to a sound alert I would like the option to turn the sound off in the adminCP, I hate going to sites that throw any sound at me that I haven't specifically clicked on to hear - worst than sites with flashing adverts all over the place.

I like this idea.

I'll go on record to say I would be more than happy to make a $10 donation for this sort of feature.