Lack of interest Expand Quote alert system choices.

This suggestion has been closed automatically because it did not receive enough votes over an extended period of time. If you wish to see this, please search for an open suggestion and, if you don't find any, post a new one.

Zombieshoot

Hello,

In the Alert Preferences tab you have:

Quotes your message - Someone directly quotes one of your messages in a thread

Right now if Person A quotes me I get an alert. No problem with that. I want to know whose replying to me so I can reply back if need be.

The problem comes in that Person B quotes Person A which includes my quote and I get an alert. But Person B is not responding to me. They are responding to Person A. Than Person C quotes Person B who quoted Person A who quoted me and I get an alert. But again Person C is not responding to me. They are responding to Person B. So I'm being alerted on parts of the conversation I'm not involved in. Sometimes it's okay but in the forum I'm involved with the quoting back and forth can lead to a large number of alerts in some threads.

I would like to see the alert preferences expand to two options for quotes:

Quotes your message - Someone directly quotes one of your messages in a thread

Quotes others quoting your message - Someone directly quotes someone directly quoting one of your messages in a thread.

That way if I check the first one than when someone quotes me directly I will get an alert. I would like to have the option of the second one to turn it off so other people talking to each other but quoting me each time they quote each other that I do not get alerts. Unless I want it on of course.

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
Top Bottom