Will i get re-fund if xenforo fails in the lawsuit or w.e it was?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake Sully

Hi if you guys fail on lawsuit after 15th january 2013 then does everyone who bought xenforo get a re-fund? if that makes xenforo close completely? since i don't wanna risk paying 169$ and then xenforo closes down because they failed on lawsuit.

/Thanks

Hi if you guys fail on lawsuit after 15th january 2013 then does everyone who bought xenforo get a re-fund? if that makes xenforo close completely? since i don't wanna risk paying 169$ and then xenforo closes down because they failed on lawsuit.

/Thanks
Just compare the price of other solutions... And whatever happens you will keep your product.

well i know i will keep it but thing is it will be really out off date and that xenforo company wont exists anymore due to failing in lawsuit so thats why i wanted to know if you get a re-fund if they fail in the lawsuit or something :)

/Thanks
Why would you get a refund on a product that you can keep?

XenForo will still be the great forum it currently is even if XenForo Ltd go out of business.

well i know i will keep it but thing is it will be really out off date and that xenforo company wont exists anymore due to failing in lawsuit so thats why i wanted to know if you get a re-fund if they fail in the lawsuit or something :)
Your entitlement to support, maintenance and upgrades lasts for no more than a year so it really isn't going to be all that out of date.
To succinctly and fully answer your question: No. You will not get a refund. Regardless of the outcome.

/Thanks
I'm going to guess and say NO.
Buyer beware.

You should probably use the contact us function for an authoritative answer

We all pretty much love XenForo.

We are of course worried what the future brings, but most of us have enough faith to keep on going. And no matter what happens, we will still have a good forum software at the end of it.

well i read that dev was only set to hold untill january 15th 2013 has gone by if xenforo wins they will continue developing xenforo and that everything goes where it was going in the first place.

well i read that dev was only set to hold untill january 15th 2013 has gone by if xenforo wins they will continue developing xenforo and that everything goes where it was going in the first place.
There's no guarantee of what will happen regardless of the outcome.

Ultimately though, yes, if XenForo wins I'm sure they will (with no guarantees as to when) continue development.

The California trial will begin on January 15th 2013. If XenForo win unfortunately there is still an outstanding legal case in the UK to be heard. So that may delay development further too.

But the real truth is, unfortunately we do not know what will happen. We just have to wait and see.

Why does this just seem like a lame attempt to stir drama? Using the name Jake Sully (from Avatar) and the profile has the gender set to female.

Both Jake Sully and LegendZ registered earlier this year and have 0 posts each until today and then post a semi-provocative question and then get a reply bascially telling people not to buy at all.

i only pre-pared a forum account earlier incase if i ever plan to buy so i tought to buy like today but since i just saw news about lawsuit 15th 2013 i might wait 8 more weeks and see how everything ends out then if xenforo wins and wont shutdown and that they will continue then i will buy xenforo :)

i only pre-pared a forum account earlier incase if i ever plan to buy so i tought to buy like today but since i just saw news about lawsuit 15th 2013 i might wait 8 more weeks and see how everything ends out then if xenforo wins and wont shutdown and that they will continue then i will buy xenforo :)

Waiting is a good idea. As it stands today, hurrying is not a good thing.

I wouldn't expect a refund if they lose the case. I knew what i was buying. But if i hadn't already purchased I wouldn't buy xenforo at this moment in time until I knew the outcome of the court case.

I love the xenforo and I am glad i converted to it. The main problem with xenforo for me is the extra costs. True the software is much cheaper than other forum software, but thats not where the costs stop. With vbulletin you can have a great forum with loads of great addons without having to pay a penny more than the initial cost.

With xenforo some of the most basic mods cost money and those costs can really add up. I never really expected that. The mods I paid for on vbulletin were custom ones I requested. Make a request at vb and i would get 10 - 12 offers to make the mod within hours. here at xenforo lots of basic addons are paid for while requests seem to go unanswered, (mine are anyway).

As a good will gesture though if they win the court case, I think xenforo could maybe extend the updates for most members. As whats the point in a having a year of updates for a product that isn't updated.

Why does this just seem like a lame attempt to stir drama?...

Fun-with-bingo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom