XF 1.2 Will customisations survive an update?

Mr Lucky

If I edit templates in a custom theme, I presume they will survive an update, is this correct. Do updates sometimes need a change to custom style templates? (This was always annoying with vbulletin, it seemed every update meant re-editing your custom styles as they no longer worked)

Thanks

Thanks.

One more related question, if I want to add some CSS, is it a good idea to create my own additional .css stylesheet and link to it in the header template, or to edit an existing stylesheet?

No, that box means if you modify a template and don't want an add-on to automatically add to the template, it will prevent it from adding anything automatically via add-ons. Upgrades will still attempt to auto-merge XenForo changes and will tell you of the template being outdated if it cannot add in XenForo's changes.

No, that box means if you modify a template and don't want an add-on to automatically add to the template, it will prevent it from adding anything automatically via add-ons. Upgrades will still attempt to auto-merge XenForo changes and will tell you of the template being outdated if it cannot add in XenForo's changes.

Great, thanks.

Top Bottom