Stack their privs higher over time or as they post more - similar to this:
- Registered - PRIMARY (limited basic access)
- Full member (full access to most forums)
- Events (can add events to calendar)
- Classifieds (can post in classified forum)
- Political debates (can post in debates forum)
- Chat (can use chatroom)
- Trusted (can edit posts indefinitely)
However, what I would want to be able to do is remove selected or individual privs if someone abuses a facility. For example, if someone is particularly rude in the chatroom, I would want to be able to manually remove their Chat secondary group access to remove their access to the chatroom.
But would the auto-promotion kick back in next time they login and promote them back to having chat access again?
The whole point of me breaking down the privs into small selective access points is so that I can have more granular control over what members can do on CycleChat; but if the auto-promotion is going to re-apply the privs when I remove them it will defeat the object.
Anyone know if this is the case, or whether I manual override of the auto-promotion sticks?