Will 1.1 mess up any current add-ons

Rho Delta

When 1.1 is released, is there any possibilities of major conflicts with any of the current released add-ons here? :cautious:

When some APIs and functions change, there's always a possibility. We have documented some changes for add-on devs to keep in mind.

So it's inevitable that some things may need to be changed, but I suspect they'll be fairly uncommon. It will vary from release to release though, depending on what changes.

So far Darkimmortal's Taigachat and Minorin Toolbar, and King Kovifor's BB Code Manager all seem to work fine.
buuuuuuh, i want to test this too:p

Only API change we (the 3rd party devs) are aware, is the change in the attachment handler.

So if any add-on have own attachment handlers, it will probably break!

So far Darkimmortal's Taigachat and Minorin Toolbar, and King Kovifor's BB Code Manager all seem to work fine.
Do I dare ask a favour and request you to test the project tools addon?

I don't actually use that so will need to install it first.

I'm just off for a 10k run and then I have to collect my daughter from nursery, dinner, bathtime, etc., so if I get a chance later tonight I'll test it out.

This question depends on what functionality the add-on uses, really.

"Will 1.1 mess up any current add-ons" - for things like Jaxel's Xen series it's likely.
For a minor tweak - probably not.

There's some changes to the attachment system which a number of add-ons use that may cause a slight problem but nothing terribly difficult to fix.

This question depends on what functionality the add-on uses, really.

"Will 1.1 mess up any current add-ons" - for things like Jaxel's Xen series it's likely.
For a minor tweak - probably not.
Should XF consider a developer program? Where certain add-on developers can get early versions so they can make sure their add-on works with the new version before it is released to the general customer base?

Should XF consider a developer program? Where certain add-on developers can get early versions so they can make sure their add-on works with the new version before it is released to the general customer base?
That's the "beta", which is not meant for live sites, but allows admins to test their site before it goes gold, and it allows for developers to get an early version before it goes gold. And in return hopefully they report bugs as well.
imho

You scared me! I only glanced and seen "so far... KK BBCM" and I thought, oh noes, its broken! Then I read it when "whew." Lack of sleep does that for you.

Top Bottom