Wildcard for custom trophy criteria

zaiger

Per this thread: http://xenforo.com/community/thread...cerning-custom-user-fields.27231/#post-340262

Concerning custom trophies, it would be awesome if there was a wildcard or if leaving an entry area blank would work. Like checking the "Facebook:" checkbox but leaving the "User value contains text:" field blank for making a trophy simply for adding your Facebook account.

Another example: I have a custom user field for users to add their account from my main site, this is then shown and linked in the post-bit. I would like to make a trophy for those who list their account, but as far as I can tell there is no way to do that.

Having a wildcard would make a lot of sense and make the custom trophies much more usable IMHO.

Upvote 15
Thanks for posting this :)

My site will be really using the trophy system in a big way and right now this really breaks a lot of the ideas I initially had!

So yeah, if this can be fixed that'd be super awesome, and any more improvements/additions to trophies will be very welcome!

Thanks for posting this :)

My site will be really using the trophy system in a big way and right now this really breaks a lot of the ideas I initially had!

So yeah, if this can be fixed that'd be super awesome, and any more improvements/additions to trophies will be very welcome!
You're welcome. Hopefully this is just a bug, not a feature ;)

I'd like this too.

As it stands it makes using trophies to encourage users to fill out custom fields pretty much impossible. Which is really frustrating as we've got 11 questions we'd like members to answer about themselves to populate their profile and help everyone get to know each other better in the community.

We don't want to force users to fill them in at registration either as there's already more essential questions there and we don't want to overload them at registration.

We really could do with a check for the existence of some value.

It also doesn't work very well with certain social link fields either these days, because so many big sites use multiple domains or shortened URLs for users to share, so we can't reliably put in a single part of the domain to check for.

EDIT: Okay, we can check for the existence of any domain by using URL verification and checking for http or something common, but it's still a bit silly we can't just check for anything, and still doesn't work for all the text fields.

Last edited:
Top Bottom