WikiPost

WikiPost [Paid] 1.0.4

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Hi, there is a possibility to enable WiKi default for a forum/category? By the way, I am also using the add-on Advanced Forms.

If yes, then how to do it?
Hello Sanmu,

Not at this time. You have to specifically choose which threads are enabled to act as WikiPosts. You can even have more than one thread per forum as a WikiPost.

Users with the required permissions may also suggest new WikiPosts and you'll get an alert when they do.

Ok, thank you for your answer @JulianD

Another question:
I found if a thread was created by user A, though user A is in the user group, where he gets permission to edit Wiki posts, he can not edit the wiki post that he created.

Ok, thank you for your answer @JulianD

Another question:
I found if a thread was created by user A, though user A is in the user group, where he gets permission to edit Wiki posts, he can not edit the wiki post that he created.
Make sure the user has permissions to edit his own posts on the forum. If you're still having trouble, send me a private message and I'll help you out

Issue with reverts with activated option "Require summary of changes"

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please describe the changes you have made to the WikiPost. - but there no field to describe changes (why do you want do revert)

@JulianD I've just experienced the same problem as this member. When trying to revert a WikiPost to an earlier version with the "Require summary of changes" setting enabled, it's giving the following error:

1678492915068.png

The problem is, there's no box to enter the changes into when reverting a WikiPost.

Whats the typical turnaround from payment to receiving the plugin? Paid last night and eager to try it out :)

Yes, it is still supported. Do you have any feature suggestion ? Time has been scarce from my side but I still receive suggestion and keep an eye for problems while running the addon with the latest XF version.
Yes. Can you amend so anyone can edit the wikipost without having to given them permission to edit every other one of posts on the site please.

Yes. Can you amend so anyone can edit the wikipost without having to given them permission to edit every other one of posts on the site please.
Could you elaborate? The permissions are supposed to work only when a thread is converted to a WikiPost and if the user has permission to edit wikiposts. This means you can edit which usergroups have permission to edit WikiPosts on a per-forum basis.3

Could you elaborate? The permissions are supposed to work only when a thread is converted to a WikiPost and if the user has permission to edit wikiposts. This means you can edit which usergroups have permission to edit WikiPosts on a per-forum basis.3

I mean the requirement as you specify below. I don't want a user to be able to edit every post that they have every posted over the past 20 years; just the wikipost.

Make sure the user has permissions to edit his own posts on the forum. If you're still having trouble, send me a private message and I'll help you out

I mean the requirement as you specify below. I don't want a user to be able to edit every post that they have every posted over the past 20 years; just the wikipost.
just set a time limit on it, but I agree, wiki posts should be different permissions than normal posts IMO, wikis are made to be edited more often than general forum posts.

just set a time limit on it, but I agree, wiki posts should be different permissions than normal posts IMO, wikis are made to be edited more often than general forum posts.
I use a time limit, however once that has expired it seems that wiki posts cannot be edited.

@JulianD - are you addressing this at all? This is major reason why it doesn't really work on our forum...

Some ideas after using it for some minutes; maybe I have not seen all options/features?

1. Do we have a script, button, a tools/rebuild to set all existing threads in allowed forums to wiki-threads?

2. The world needs not to know that this is a wiki-thread. (solved now with switch of template modification)
The message needs:
off
on for all
on for allowed people to edit

3. To make all 1654 threads to wikithreads, I have used a sql like update xf_threads set wikipost = '1' where node_id = '123'
But it seems the add-on also needs a row in table wikipost_thread to switch off the wiki-function. Maybe this should work at least for switch off with this row? Anyway the result of switching off is to delete this row.

If not checked more, but I guess there is no query for this table in thread_list or thread_view?

So far, I like it.

Top Bottom