WikiPost

WikiPost [Paid] 1.0.4

No permission to buy ($40.00)
I've just sent you an email with the addon ! Thank you for your purchase and let me know if you have any problems.
Looks like I'm having some permission problems.

I have User: Admin with all permissions set to Yes. I created a WikiPost with it.

Then I have User: Registered with all regular permissions set to Yes and the moderator permissions at the default of No. I tried to use this account to edit the WikiPost but I only have the option to watch the edits or protect the wiki. I see the default XF edit button on the post but if I click that, nothing happens.

I got 417 of these server errors:

[LIST] [*]ErrorException: Fatal Error: Could not check compatibility between Laneros\WikiPost\XF\Entity\Post::getWikiPostThread(): Laneros\WikiPost\XF\Entity\Thread and Laneros\WikiPost\XF\Entity\WikiPostPermissionsTrait::getWikiPostThread(): XF\Entity\Thread, because class Laneros\WikiPost\XF\Entity\Thread is not available [*] [*]src/addons/Laneros/WikiPost/XF/Entity/Post.php:75 [*]Generated by: [URL='https://tacoma3g.com/admin.php?users/tyler.1/edit']Tyler[/URL] [*] [*]Jun 5, 2021 at 5:23 PM [/LIST] [HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING] #0 [internal function]: XF::handleFatalError() #1 {main} [HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING] array(4) { ["url"] => string(1) "/" ["referrer"] => bool(false) ["_GET"] => array(0) { } ["_POST"] => array(0) { } }

@JulianD — would it be possible to have this automatically embed the edit author before or after the edited text? I know you can view the edit history but the post itself looks like it only has one author, especially to those not as internet/forum savvy.

@JulianD — I just got done setting this up with the PHP 8 update. One of my users went back to make some of their threads WikiPosts but it says they don't have permission.

Their primary user group is Registered and that group has the right permissions. They are in some secondary user groups that have permissions set to the default of No but that is how secondary user groups are typically set.

@JulianD — I just got done setting this up with the PHP 8 update. One of my users went back to make some of their threads WikiPosts but it says they don't have permission.

Their primary user group is Registered and that group has the right permissions. They are in some secondary user groups that have permissions set to the default of No but that is how secondary user groups are typically set.
As you describe your usergroups setup, it should work without any issues. Let me run some tests tonight on a PHP 8.0 test system to see if I can reproduce the problem.

As you describe your usergroups setup, it should work without any issues. Let me run some tests tonight on a PHP 8.0 test system to see if I can reproduce the problem.
This user just told me it works now and I didn’t change anything else so I’m not sure what happened there.

@JulianD I have enabled this for our Registered group. It is fully working for some users, but not for others (or at least one user rather). For the user that it is not working for, the Analyze Permissions reads ok (as you can deduce, I have set permissions for them in both the Registered User Group and in their Individual User Permissions)

The actual issue is that the ability to Edit a Wikipost is not offered i.e. the Edit option does not appear at the bottom of the Wikipost. Ability to Enable a Wikipost etc is there.

How can I diagnose what the issue is please?

1625314611743.webp

@JulianD I have enabled this for our Registered group. It is fully working for some users, but not for others (or at least one user rather). For the user that it is not working for, the Analyze Permissions reads ok (as you can deduce, I have set permissions for them in both the Registered User Group and in their Individual User Permissions)

The actual issue is that the ability to Edit a Wikipost is not offered i.e. the Edit option does not appear at the bottom of the Wikipost. Ability to Enable a Wikipost etc is there.

How can I diagnose what the issue is please?

View attachment 254270
Hey, I'm sorry I overlooked this message.

Regarding the user permission not being applied correctly, I would have to understand your permission configuration in order to try to replicate it. The permissions are based on the XenForo permission system but there may be something I'm not seeing. Could you please copy and paste the whole output from Analyze Permission for that specific user? You can send it to me through a private message if you'd like.

@JulianD I made the purchase. Do I just wait for an email with the files?
This should be clarified somewhere. When you purchase it, you are taken to a link to pay and outside of a payment confirmation by your provider you have no idea what the next steps are. Still waiting here, assuming you just manually send at some point?

This should be clarified somewhere. When you purchase it, you are taken to a link to pay and outside of a payment confirmation by your provider you have no idea what the next steps are. Still waiting here, assuming you just manually send at some point?
Hi, yes, that is generally the process. Since yesterday was Sunday, it took me a few more hours to be able to get to a PC and send you the addon. Please let me know if you need any additional help!

When creating a new thread there is no option to make it a wiki unless "Create WikiPosts on any thread" is checked under "Wiki post moderator permissions". However, when I enable that it gives users in that group the ability to change any thread into wiki post, which we do not want. What is the proper configuration for this? I do have everything else set to "Yes" under wikipost permissions.

To make this easier, this is my test user, the user is only in the "Registered" users group

Here are the permissions for "Registered" users (from the analyzer)
Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 3.22.50 PM.webp

Here are the permissions for the forum itself
Screen Shot 2021-07-24 at 3.23.28 PM.webp

Here is a new post in that forum (notice the option is not there to make a Wiki)
Greenshot 2021-07-24 15.24.20.webp

the only way to make this show is to add them to tick the "Create WikiPosts on any thread" box under the "Wikipost moderator permissions" it then gives them rights all over the board.

Please let me know what I'm missing here.

Last edited:
When creating a new thread there is no option to make it a wiki unless "Create WikiPosts on any thread" is checked under "Wiki post moderator permissions". However, when I enable that it gives users in that group the ability to change any thread into wiki post, which we do not want. What is the proper configuration for this? I do have everything else set to "Yes" under wikipost permissions.

To make this easier, this is my test user, the user is only in the "Registered" users group

Here are the permissions for "Registered" users (from the analyzer)
View attachment 255170

Here are the permissions for the forum itself
View attachment 255169

Here is a new post in that forum (notice the option is not there to make a Wiki)
View attachment 255168

the only way to make this show is to add them to tick the "Create WikiPosts on any thread" box under the "Wikipost moderator permissions" it then gives them rights all over the board.

Please let me know what I'm missing here.
Hey, I'm sorry I overlooked your message. There is not an option to create a WikiPost right from the thread creation page, so there's no problem with the permissions. However, that sounds like a good suggestion nonetheless.

I'll include it in the next release.

Maybe I am not phrasing the question correctly. If you go to https://forums.macrumors.com/ and are a member, you can start a new thread and choose the Wiki option, but you cannot edit other people's.

On my site (both my main and test) you cannot have that option unless you allow "wiki post moderator permissions". When you do this, the user then has permissions to edit everyone else's posts, we don't want this.

All for "Registered" group
In the permissions under "Wiki Post"
When we give permissions to "Create wiki post in own thread" it does not work. (the option is not there in the post as in my screenshot above)

The only way it will work is if under "wiki post moderator permissions"
"Create wiki posts on any thread" is set to yes. This gives them moderator privileges and we do not want that.

Maybe I am not phrasing the question correctly. If you go to https://forums.macrumors.com/ and are a member, you can start a new thread and choose the Wiki option, but you cannot edit other people's.

On my site (both my main and test) you cannot have that option unless you allow "wiki post moderator permissions". When you do this, the user then has permissions to edit everyone else's posts, we don't want this.

All for "Registered" group
In the permissions under "Wiki Post"
When we give permissions to "Create wiki post in own thread" it does not work. (the option is not there in the post as in my screenshot above)

The only way it will work is if under "wiki post moderator permissions"
"Create wiki posts on any thread" is set to yes. This gives them moderator privileges and we do not want that.
You shouldn't use the wiki post moderator permission for that since, as you could see for yourself, they'll have WikiPost permissions over all other threads.

I'm working on a new release that will allow you to assign the WikiPost from the thread creation page.

Top Bottom