WikiPost

WikiPost [Paid] 1.0.4

No permission to buy ($40.00)
Ok that makes sense. I guess I got confused how the Suggest function works.

Here's where I am.

I created two non-admin users. Both have wiki creation and suggestion permissions.

User 1 posts a thread
User 2 suggests it be a wikie

What's supposed to happen? From my testing

User 1 gets no notification
User 1 sees the notice "This thread has been suggested as a wiki" when viewing that thread, but there is no way to act on that. If User 1 enables Wiki from the drop down menu, the notice remains.

arn
Oh I see your point . The thread starter does not receive a notification but it's something that can be implemented if they have the Create WikiPost permission.

Administrators will see the WikiPost in their approval queue if they have the Create WikiPost on any thread permission.

I'll work on your suggestions for the next release!

could you think about making a bridge between mediawiki and xenforo? ;)
Doesn't that already exists? If you need the features of MediaWiki, then this add-on won't probably fit your needs.

This is a more basic add-on which works with existing threads and tries to implement its functionality as native as possible. For example the WikiPost history feature is based on the edit history provided by XenForo. If you uninstall my add-on sometime in the future, all the edit history will remain in your site.

Oh I see your point . The thread starter does not receive a notification but it's something that can be implemented if they have the Create WikiPost permission.

Administrators will see the WikiPost in their approval queue if they have the Create WikiPost on any thread permission.

I'll work on your suggestions for the next release!
Ok. I did notice my wiki post moderator permissions weren't set quite right. I'll do some testing again.

Is there a demo available? Or anybody using this can share a link to their wiki's please?

We were running on a different addon but migrated to this one recently. so the old post history is from the old one, but is the same way the new one works. All current functionality is from this addon.

We only allow users who have 20 posts to actually do the edits, but as a guest you should be able to see the edit history.

arn

Hi, very interested add-on!
Is the project still alive?

Question about this option:
By default, XenForo prunes edit history entries older than 60 days. This settings disables this functionality in order to keep the edit history of a WikiPost indefinitely.
This setting disables prunes for ALL forum or only for wikiposts?

From main settings:
  • Display the WikiAuthors below the user info
Displays the avatars of the top 3 users who have contributed to the WikiPost

Cant find where this appears exactly, where is "user info"?

Issue with reverts with activated option "Require summary of changes"

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please describe the changes you have made to the WikiPost. - but there no field to describe changes (why do you want do revert)

XF has a setting for deleting old edit history after a period of time. Is it possible to have this add-on ignore the setting and have the edit history of WikiPosts not deleted? The reason is because I think edit history is more important to a wiki page, but I don't necessarily want to change the setting for standard discussion threads.

XF has a setting for deleting old edit history after a period of time. Is it possible to have this add-on ignore the setting and have the edit history of WikiPosts not deleted? The reason is because I think edit history is more important to a wiki page, but I don't necessarily want to change the setting for standard discussion threads.
The addon has an option to disable the pruning of the edit history so it's not lost.

@JulianD its possible to add an option to import wikipedia pages and create thread?
Hello and thank you for your question.

As I see it right now, it wouldn't fit the goal of the addon because this is a simpler version of a "wiki". A lot of features from a Wikipedia page would not work on XenForo and are not supported by this addon either, and would have to be stripped out in the import process.

This looks very useful for me. If anyone is using this on the latest version of XF, how’s it been? Any errors?

I know @arn is still using it. Do you have any likes or dislikes to report?

This looks very useful for me. If anyone is using this on the latest version of XF, how’s it been? Any errors?

I know @arn is still using it. Do you have any likes or dislikes to report?

I am using it on the latest version of XenForo without any problem.

Also, is it possible to use search forums to create a new node that displays all wiki threads?
That's a good question . I don't think it is possible right now but it would be a good functionality. I'll take a look!

I am using it on the latest version of XenForo without any problem.

That's a good question . I don't think it is possible right now but it would be a good functionality. I'll take a look!
Thanks. I'm probably going to use this. Nice work!

Top Bottom