WikiLeaks founder charged with rape and molestation?

Status
Not open for further replies.
He, being the founder, didn't have access to anything. He was given the documents by people who had access and where stealing the information, then handing it to him. Wikileaks is merely the provider of the information to the public... they don't physically commit any crimes by stealing or copying such information from Governments. Governments are trying to find ways that by providing such information to the public, regardless how you got it, that it should be a crime... though they will have a tough time with that because they would set back journalism 50 years, considering the majority of what is occurring is just that... journalism. They have sources, they don't reveal their sources, then they make they collate the information and release to the public.

Its not a conspiracy though...
That is considered part of the whole Trade Secret class of laws. So, even if that's true, I can see why U.S. has been on his neck. And I don't think its ethical, and I don't think its right to post sensitive information like that .....online. That's asking for trouble.

Right or wrong... the media do it every day, paper and online. Wikileaks is just another media outlet nowadays... that many media agencies wish they had more direct access into, but can't... because wikileaks are giving it away for free, where the media magazines and newspapers want you to pay for it by buying their publishing.

Right or wrong... the media do it every day, paper and online. Wikileaks is just another media outlet nowadays... that many media agencies wish they had more direct access into, but can't... because wikileaks are giving it away for free, where the media magazines and newspapers want you to pay for it by buying their publishing.

I thought the media was shut down by government from posting things that wikileaks posts.

That is considered part of the whole Trade Secret class of laws. So, even if that's true, I can see why U.S. has been on his neck. And I don't think its ethical, and I don't think its right to post sensitive information like that .....online. That's asking for trouble.

I consider that to a point. I mean the info leaked about weaknesses.. I agree with you.

Info about torture and illegal activity that goes on SHOULD be public. Because, we obviously can't see what is happening there. And since things like torture etc.. is illegal. Ethically you SHOULD be reporting that.. the problem is the governments cover it up so there is no public outcry.

Blah. Your point is lost on me, because many bureaus within' the U.S. government do them tortures. And the leadership in the government orders them, too. They keep lids on these tortures for a reason. The public may have an outcry, but they don't know that person is a fugitive.

I disagree with tortures that some soldiers have done up to this point. You know the ones. I disagree with those. Other tortures, though? Go for it. Make our enemies suffer what our americans, or other countries are suffering from.

Things between the U.S. and the public isn't always black and white. That's what WikiLeaks is actually saying; It is Black and White. There are some grey areas of how the government wants to project to the public. But. But because the public ASSUMES things, the government gets pissed because they're not projecting the right image. This is why they relay information to the media. The media exists for a reason. And as much as I don't like the media in how they do business, I stand by what I say.

Blah. Your point is lost on me, because many bureaus within' the U.S. government do them tortures. And the leadership in the government orders them, too. They keep lids on these tortures for a reason. The public may have an outcry, but they don't know that person is a fugitive.

I disagree with tortures that some soldiers have done up to this point. You know the ones. I disagree with those. Other tortures, though? Go for it. Make our enemies suffer what our americans, or other countries are suffering from.

Things between the U.S. and the public isn't always black and white. That's what WikiLeaks is actually saying; It is Black and White. There are some grey areas of how the government wants to project to the public. But. But because the public ASSUMES things, the government gets pissed because they're not projecting the right image. This is why they relay information to the media. The media exists for a reason. And as much as I don't like the media in how they do business, I stand by what I say.

Yes, but the media is LIMITED to what they can say.

Where as Wikileaks SHOWS what the media WANTS to say, but is being pushed and forced not too.

Yes, but the media is LIMITED to what they can say.

Where as Wikileaks SHOWS what the media WANTS to say, but is being pushed and forced not too.
GOOD! The government SHOULD limit what they say! GOOD!

I don't want innocent lives lost because of what the wikiLeaks said about what happened over there. That has been my view from the start.

GOOD! The government SHOULD limit what they say! GOOD!

I don't want innocent lives lost because of what the wikiLeaks said about what happened over there. That has been my view from the start.

innocent lives will be lost if the public doesn't know about it.

If the public does, they will start putting pressure on the government.

other wise if no one noes. Then the government will think they can get away with it.

The government CAN'T get away with it. And they won't be lax about what happens "over there."

That's just how they do business. They don't need WikiLeaks. They don't need anyone leaking information that may put the lives of soldiers and whatnot at risk.

Even the smallest detail can kill 50,000 soldiers in the blink of an eye.

Listen I have friends who were guards at git-mo, and it's easier to talk about as a private citizen when you have never seen or heard the truth of what happens at internment camps... but first off torture is illegal by the US own standards, period. I don't care what the prisoner did. If we torture how are we any better than the countries we look down our noses at.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geneva_Conventions

Not to mention you can't enforce laws by breaking them, it's against the principality of the logic.

It's not as simple as guy A finds some docs, guy B makes a website.

The soldiers who see things happening that violate the constitution are sworn to protect it.

If we don't protect our constitution, we don't have a country.

It seems like we went from give me your poor tired and hungry, to no admittance, begging, or loitering. I am all for the greater good but enough is enough.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_flag

Read that and understand why I would have to say with the fragments we have , we'll be lucky to know the complete truth within 50 years.

Besides if these leaks have info that is sensitive to the point where someone reading it could get a soldier killed, don't you think that those files should have been more closely guarded. It's called eyes only , or sensitive information, A normal soldier is not supposed to blend in with the enemy, not by the way we state our engagements. If there is plain clothed covert soldiers over there...it is their handlers job to secure the briefings better and choose who does the de-briefings more selectively. Also if it is covert ops that is in danger...well how did average soldiers have the information to leak in the first place, because technically if they see another soldier doing something that compromises the constitution or the average rights of a human they are supposed to be proactive in making it known to authority who can and will fix it....remember, it's not what your country can do for you, but what can you do for your country.

I don't pretend to know all the facts of what happened here, but the point is RULES OF ENGAGEMENT and how to subvert them 101.

This guy has guts, if the people only knew the wool pulled over their heads for the last two terms of Bush and Cheney (Blair too), they would be in shock, but even with this stuff out there is so much data it will just confuse the average Joe, so they will continue to support the criminals running the governments on both sides of the Atlantic.

This guy has guts, if the people only knew the wool pulled over their heads for the last two terms of Bush and Cheney (Blair too), they would be in shock, but even with this stuff out there is so much data it will just confuse the average Joe, so they will continue to support the criminals running the governments on both sides of the Atlantic.
I think I agree.

Look man, you guys can go out there and support the hackers, but the authorities are going to start detaining and arresting anyone suspected of co-operating with these cyber attacks.

So the best thing you can do is stay the hell away from this situation, and don't go to any of the websites or forums these guys post on, in fact I think Kier is going to put an end to all these WikiLeaks discussions here in short order so get your last posts in while you can.

Look man, you guys can go out there and support the hackers, but the authorities are going to start detaining and arresting anyone suspected of co-operating with these cyber attacks.
Who supports hackers, now? :confused:

I for one, don't.
So the best thing you can do is stay the hell away from this situation, and don't go to any of the websites or forums these guys post on, in fact I think Kier is going to put an end to all these WikiLeaks discussions here in short order so get your last posts in while you can.
At some point this is true.

Personally. I think this discussion has been exhausted to the end. It would be better off closed now anyways......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom