Resource icon

Widget Framework Upcoming XenAtendo Events Widget 1.0.1

No permission to download

Sadik B

sadikb submitted a new resource:

Widget Framework Upcoming XenAtendo Events Widget (version 1.0.0) - Upcoming Events Widget for the XenAtendo Addon

This is something I made in last hour because on one XF site (not yet live), we are using the Widget Framework across the site and also Jaxel's XenAtendo. We needed a latest Events sidebar block for the Widget Framework so here it is.

Obviously this requires that you have both XenAtendo and Widget Framework installed.

Installation:

1. Upload files and import XML as usual. ...

Read more about this resource...

Hi, everything works, found only two problems:
1. The date is not showing in sidebar
2. The avatar is not catched (In the attached image, you see our standard "No Avatar"-Image)

upcoming.webp

Do you know, how to solve it?
Thanks for this addon!!

Greetings, Peter;)

Hi folks, strange, I did not receive any alerts for the replies. Didn't know people were having problems...

Where do I put the listener.php and widgetrenderer.php file?

Install this like any other Addon.

Just to clarify, is this for use with xfrocks' [bd] Widget Framework?

Thanks. :)

Yes.

Hi, everything works, found only two problems:
1. The date is not showing in sidebar
2. The avatar is not catched (In the attached image, you see our standard "No Avatar"-Image)

View attachment 27377

Do you know, how to solve it?
Thanks for this addon!!

Greetings, Peter;)

Hmmm, can you share your site's link where you have this installed? I will need to look before I can fix it.

Just to clarify, is this for use with xfrocks' [bd] Widget Framework?

Brilliant, thanks. Just installed it; went without a hitch, and it was really easy to implement. :)

One minor request - is there any way to restrict it to 1 column? At the moment it tries to cram 2 columns in, which means most of the information is truncated:

upcoming_events_problem.webp

Any way of forcing it to just display one column?

Brilliant, thanks. Just installed it; went without a hitch, and it was really easy to implement. :)

One minor request - is there any way to restrict it to 1 column? At the moment it tries to cram 2 columns in, which means most of the information is truncated:

View attachment 27905

Any way of forcing it to just display one column?

You have not put in the css in Extra.css. Please read the instructions.

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/widget-framework-upcoming-xenatendo-events-widget.513/

The sidebar widget now looks much better, but is missing one crucial element - the date of the event:

upcoming_events_problem_02.webp

Any way I can add the Event Date, and remove the (+1:00 BST)?

Well that's not intuitive at all. I mean, not every event is necessarily going to HAVE a venue! For example, the things I am scheduling are TF2 nights on our private server. No real venue assigned so I had it unchecked.

But I do thank you for the information and now it looks right.

Well that's not intuitive at all. I mean, not every event is necessarily going to HAVE a venue! For example, the things I am scheduling are TF2 nights on our private server. No real venue assigned so I had it unchecked.

But I do thank you for the information and now it looks right.

Actually, if you use the Upcoming Events Block in XenPorta (provided by Jaxel), you will see that it has the same set of options that I have given in this Widget. What I have done is actually, call XenAtendo's Model with the same options which XenPorta's block calls to avoid having to write a model myself. So everything is exactly as it is in the Xenporta block.

Top Bottom