1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Widget Framework - Status Updates

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by ashkir, Jul 12, 2012.

1. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

Hi there! We miss two features about IPB and that is the Status Updates. The Widget Framework has a nice one, but, we'd love comments and likes to be a part of it as well.

[​IMG]
    Basically we would like Likes & comments under each one. It can replace the date, or date can be moved. Not a big deal.​
    [​IMG]
    The above is an example of how it could look. Comments brings down the comments, like just a like. We'd like it to work like the current Status widget in Widget Framework so we can continue to use that framework. If it is possible, we'd love a 30second to 1 minute cache on it. Thanks! :)
    Edit: Integration with Tag Me: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-tag-me.386/update?update=596 Would be a plus.​
    Also, currently the widget framework's status update has a bug that it would randomly post to someone's else's profile when using the quick update. We would like this to be fixed.​

We are willing to pay for this. Please tell us your price. :) We really want this.

Aayush, jacko, Drae and 1 other person like this.
  2. intradox

intradox Well-Known Member

Anyone interested in this? Would love to see the links added.

3. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

The add-on [bd] Widget Framework has just received an update (v1.5.4) which includes fix for your problem (randomly posting to wrong user profile page). You may want to read and download here: http://xenforo.com/community/resources/bd-widget-framework.297/update?update=1803

Also, [bd] Tag Me suggestion should work in the textarea of the Recent Status widget. However, the @user in status won't be clickable though...

Adam Howard, Bram and intradox like this.
  4. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

I was contacted that someone is seeking to code the above. :D

-crosses fingers-

5. AzzidReign

AzzidReign Well-Known Member

Any update on this?

6. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

Sadly the developer had not replied back after offering to do this. Seeking a developer for this.

7. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

We are still seeking to get this developed and are still willing to pay a reasonable price.

As others have asked via pm if I'd share it if it gets made: As with all other addons we paid to get developed, we'd encourage the developer to release them to others. We personally don't set a price on them.

8. xfrocks

xfrocks Well-Known Member

Well, this has been dragged for too long. If you want to pay to get this developed AND included in [bd] Widget Framework, please start a conversation with me :D

9. ashkir

ashkir Active Member

Done! If anyone would like to help let me know! :)

The price of getting it developed is $120.

10. jacko

jacko Active Member

I would love that!

11. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

Question: Whenever I update my status, it takes a LONG time for it to show up in the widget. Is there a way for this to show more immediately?

12. AzzidReign

Do you have the TTL set for a certain time frame or is it at 0?

13. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

I haven't changed anything. Where would I find it? Its not in the edit widget area so not sure where to find/edit it...

14. AzzidReign

It should be in the edit widget. I don't have it installed so I can't help much. I just figured it was a caching issue.

15. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

It's not :(

16. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Active Member

Yes it is. Most widgets has that option. Set to like 10 for 10 seconds

upload_2014-7-7_1-28-13.png

17. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member

Where am I looking? Its not in the status update widget. Would I find it somewhere else?

18. DJ XtAzY

DJ XtAzY Active Member

19. majesty95

majesty95 Active Member