1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

why xenforo do not give his custumores backlinks dofollow as vbulletin

Discussion in 'General XenForo Discussion and Feedback' started by jamalfree, Feb 4, 2016.

1. jamalfree

jamalfree Active Member

why xenforo do not give his customers backlinks dofollow as vbulletin
  2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

What do you mean exactly?
    jamalfree likes this.
  3. ManagerJosh

ManagerJosh Well-Known Member

If I understand correctly, he's complaining that all external links are tagged as "nofollow"
    SEOmers and jamalfree like this.
  4. jamalfree

jamalfree Active Member

5. Brogan

Links posted by regular members are nofollow but links posted by staff members aren't.

I believe there are add-ons which change that behaviour.
  6. jamalfree

jamalfree Active Member

we want some backlinks from xenforo.com dofollow:D
  7. EQnoble

EQnoble Well-Known Member

That's a good way to increase spam.
    Arty likes this.
  8. jamalfree

jamalfree Active Member

dofollow should given only to customers as vbulletin,....
  9. Brogan

Oh wait, if I understand you correctly, you are referring to links you post on this site.

We have no plans to implement anything like that.
    Walter likes this.
  10. jamalfree

jamalfree Active Member

:cry::cry: i hope you make changes in future, who knows!!
  11. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

The Shadow? :p
    jamalfree and SneakyDave like this.
  12. Mr Lucky

Mr Lucky Well-Known Member

I think it would be useful to implement follow links on a user group permission basis. It is something that is nice to have control over.

I don't think this would necessarily encourage spammers.
    empire and jamalfree like this.
  13. jamalfree

jamalfree Active Member

Digital Doctor likes this.
  14. Chris D

Chris D XenForo Developer Staff Member

Bear in mind; step one would be having some sort of feature within XF to allow this. So really your support would need to be shown on a suggestion thread in the first instance then if it's something we add to the core we could consider enabling it here.
    jamalfree likes this.
  15. SEOmers

SEOmers Active Member

Why should they? It's a support forum and a bloody good one (Mainly @Brogan who answers my questions) - What you're paying for is something that works not a backlink and in the eyes of Google, it wouldn't be worth that much anyway, its a forum aka low quality (no offence Xenforo) - The only proper, valuable links would be from an admin, on the core pages really. Self made, clear cut user backlinks are crap 99% of the time and Google is well aware of that. You should know that being an SEO ;)

Lets face it fella. This 'forum' is not the right audience to be spamming your dofollow links on - Even if you had the most amazing affiliate website on the internet, the audience here, are far more 'clued up' that the average web user, even if you got 400 hits from a link, your conversion rate would be shocking so all you'd be doing is actually wasting your time ;)