Why the xenForo site is not responsive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As @FredC said it doesn't matter if the site is part or not of the software (which obviously isn't) but it should also be responsive... imagine you can advertise in your homepage: "...and our software is fully responsive, just like the page you're currently viewing".

As @FredyC said it doesn't matter if the site is part or not of the software (which obviously isn't) but it should also be responsive... imagine you can advertise in your homepage: "...and our software is fully responsive, just like the page you're currently viewing".

Doesn't really matter, though.

As I believe @Mike Edge pointed out in the other thread, you're not going to download XenForo on your phone, so it's not really a big deal.

As @FredC said it doesn't matter if the site is part or not of the software (which obviously isn't) but it should also be responsive... imagine you can advertise in your homepage: "...and our software is fully responsive, just like the page you're currently viewing".

Main page hasn't changed since day 1.. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I'd much rather see them fix another bug rather then re-code the main page.

Main page hasn't changed since day 1.. If it's not broke, don't fix it. I'd much rather see them fix another bug rather then re-code the main page.
The homepage uses almost all of the same CSS and HTML as XenForo, so it would probably take very little work to make it happen.

Further, I've logged in to check license details from my phone while on the go and it wouldn't be such a bad idea to make ordering from there easier. For example, the resource manager was on sale while I was on my honey moon in Punta Cana, so I ordered from my phone. A responsive interface would have been appreciated then.

Honestly, the close-minded thinking from some people because they feel something isn't necessary is ridiculous.
EDIT: Since my last post was deleted, I'm explaining here. I'm not stating that if you don't agree with me that you are close-minded. I'm stating that to immediately write off someone's suggestion without giving it real consideration is close-minded. Just because someone's suggestion isn't as important as other things you want, doesn't mean it shouldn't get implemented ever. It's not up to us to prioritize suggestions. That's up to Mike and Kier.

Last edited:
Let's agree to disagree chaps and end it there.

Yes it would be nice if the home page was responsive but it's up to Mike and Kier whether they want to spend time and effort working on that.

Instead of nice.. I'd call it a beneficial aspect. Wouldn't mean that much to me, but it would be a benefit to show that, even though it's not a direct part of the forum software itself, it's not that difficult to make additional pages responsive on the software.

If people think that way then I believe xenForo is death because why to move from vBulletin? If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 wasn't broken but here we are on 1.3. If we did everything this way we would not be very far as humans. As a business the home page of all things should flow with the rest of the site but the help manual isn't responsive either. Just have faith that it is most likely on the to do list :).

XenForo.com is a purpose built sales site for the software. It's not a CMS, Blog, or part of the XenForo software.

Would it nice if it were Responsive? Yes. But is it worth the effort for a one-off site that only serves one purpose (selling the software)? Maybe, maybe not.

It's been said many times now the home page is not part of the software.
Let's agree to disagree chaps and end it there.

Yes it would be nice if the home page was responsive but it's up to Mike and Kier whether they want to spend time and effort working on that.

Whilst Mike and Kier are fantastic coders they really need to get someone on board who picks up on things like this. The homepage is the shop window. At the very least it should be created as a XenForo page.

XenForo.com is about the XenForo software, you're not selling anything else here. Every page on this site should be about showing off the capabilities of that software.

Imagine a slick, responsive homepage with a clear label saying this page was made with the XenForo software. We see repeated questions in the forums about whether you can make an effective homepage with the XenForo software. How cool would it be if the response could be "Check out XenForo.com that is a XenForo page'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom