Why should we choose you instead of free forum boards?

Koiranpentu

Hi!

We are going to change the forum software on the biggest Finnish Minecraft community from SMF to MyBB or XenForo. I need to convince others that XenForo is the most useful forum software. The community has money to invest to your forum software but the owner of the community wants to be sure its worth all the money.

So, why should we choose you instead of free boards? What are your best features you can offer for a gaming community? What is special just in your forum software?

You only need to look at MyBB and Xenforo side by side to see the difference. Why would you want to choose a dated vB3 clone over and above Xenforo, even if it was free, if you have the budget to buy a proper forum package?

I would suggest you use both support forums, MyBB and this one, and see what you feel as an end user. Because that's the most important thing, how it feels to you, how it engages you, how it encourages you to post, how it makes things easy.

I'm not sure that anyone viewing MyBB and XenForo side by side would need much convincing though :)

You only need to look at MyBB and Xenforo side by side to see the difference. Why would you want to choose a dated vB3 clone over and above Xenforo, even if it was free, if you have the budget to buy a proper forum package?

I would suggest you use both support forums, MyBB and this one, and see what you feel as an end user. Because that's the most important thing, how it feels to you, how it engages you, how it encourages you to post, how it makes things easy.

I'm not sure that anyone viewing MyBB and XenForo side by side would need much convincing though :)
Heh, I don't need to convince myself. I've been using regularly a XenForo powered forum for a half year now (just as a member), and I totally love this forum software but I just want to hear why other people would choose XF instead of other boards. :)

I've seen excellent deployments of MyBB, but they take alot of work and knowledge and alot of server power.
xbmc.org
- now they mostly chose MyBB because it was the best FOSS forum.
http://bukkit.org/
- chose Xenforo.

Overall, I think Xenforo has a much brighter future. The Alerts bring a richer experience.

i have gone through many software over the years with mybb being the crapiest (no offense) and had a vbulletin license that didnt work out the had an IP. Board license now that ive swtichted to Xenforo i love it more than any other software freat support and a frienndly community.

I have only ever really used vBulletin and XenForo but we used vBulletin for nine years. It didn't take us very long after discovering XenForo to realise that we had to switch.

Hi!

We are going to change the forum software on the biggest Finnish Minecraft community from SMF to MyBB or XenForo. I need to convince others that XenForo is the most useful forum software. The community has money to invest to your forum software but the owner of the community wants to be sure its worth all the money.

So, why should we choose you instead of free boards? What are your best features you can offer for a gaming community? What is special just in your forum software?

What's making the owner consider switching from "SMF to MyBB" anyway? I've used both, more so MyBB. But know SMF offers much more in way of features than MyBB out the box if you like it. But I don't like SMF personally, but still think SMF is probably the best of the two though.

What's making the owner consider switching from "SMF to MyBB" anyway? I've used both, more so MyBB. But know SMF offers much more in way of features than MyBB out the box if you like it. But I don't like SMF personally, but still think SMF is probably the best of the two though.
One of the admins of the community and I prefer MyBB. But he thinks that XenForo would be good worth the purchase.

You didn't get it. I'm trying to convince others that XenForo is worth buying. I don't want a MyBB board isntead of XenForo.
I understood you perfectly, but my point is that if the arguments from the myBB board doesn't hold up against what you already know of Xenforo, then there shouldn't be a doubt. Also, if you ask there, you can put more weight to your argument, as your research will obviously be less biased.

Top Bottom