Why Reddit is not using XF?

back

I really like the content of Reddit, but the fact that it is not using the traditional forum style makes it hard for new users to understand it. I like the look and software of XF and phpbb much more since these two have the classical forum style. Why is Reddit not using XF as board software? Reddit looks like a website from early 2000. I'm missing overview, looks to messy.

Reddit works regardless of what it looks like because of community and content.

You could make a replica of it and make it "fancy" but if it ever reached 1000 active users you would be doing well. Let alone the insanity of reddit as shown by the don't push the button experience.

i am a fan of the reddit layout, my private role play group will be using a custom addon to give a reddit-lite style forum/index. cutrently still in dev so a ways to go.
Screenshot (3).webp

XenForo cannot be used to run a Reddit style website setup because XenForo has:
  1. No multi-lingual functionality. (language packs are useless)
  2. No sub-reddit (social groups) functionality.
  3. No up/down voting
  4. No integration with external content.
So a xenforo website will not be able to compete with Reddit in any way. You cannot grow a xenforo website in multiple languages. Nor in multiple niches. So you will never reach such critical mass on the xenforo platform.

XenForo cannot be used to run a Reddit style website setup because XenForo has:
  1. No multi-lingual functionality. (language packs are useless)
  2. No sub-reddit (social groups) functionality.
  3. No up/down voting
  4. No integration with external content.
So a xenforo website will not be able to compete with Reddit in any way. You cannot grow a xenforo website in multiple languages. Nor in multiple niches. So you will never reach such critical mass on the xenforo platform.
But but but...

I wonder how many users use more than one niche?

But but but...

I wonder how many users use more than one niche?

I can't even begin to count how many I read. I mean there is one for every game I play. But even in a game if you look at EVE each Corp or guild if you don't know has one as well. Reddit basically has a million subforums. You can't really handle windows Linux and Mac support on the same site your handling Honda Nissan and Toyota engine rebuilding. It's an infinite forum that you can ignore the ones you don't read.

Top Bottom