Why isn't the XFMG image block enabled on Forum Home.

How come the preview images block on forum home is disabled.

It's part of xenforo now and i think its important to at least have it enabled.

I thought the point of this forum is for support and to display all of the features of the script.(even if members don't like it)

Just like some members dont like the profile posts sidebar but it's still enabled here. They can always turn it off in their own forums.

Last edited:
Not all features of XF are utilized here and settings are tweaked to suit this forum. Just because there is a feature doesn't mean it is in use here.

Personally, I would like it to remain off. :)

There should be an option for members to enable it if they want. I really miss that feature. I always came back just to see if anyone added any new media without having to click anything.

Now I have to click on the Media Tab everytime and only to find out there is no new media. :(

Maybe i'll suggest it

The feature still exists, just not here. KAM will see this thread and decide if it should be enabled.

The itself isn't really a great fit for this forum so, without considering the demo aspect, it probably wouldn't have been installed in normal circumstances. Most of the media there is really just testing and would generally be off topic at best. So as it stands, I don't think it makes sense to draw a ton of attention to it. That's why there are options. :)

I always came back just to see if anyone added any new media without having to click anything.

Now I have to click on the Media Tab everytime and only to find out there is no new media.
This is a support forum for the XenForo software though, not a general chat or other similar type forum.

But in the demo area there would be no images uploaded, comments, rating and it doesn't show interaction between forum users and the media gallery because the only user in the demo area is yourself.

Even tho this is a support forum some users have started to develop friendships, talk about software and use the gallery as more than just test images. Such as jons wedding photos slavik's new computer, and matts violet,

I think the media gallery brings the forum even closer. With it enabled i always thought it gives the forum a special touch.

Pictures say 1000 words.

Last edited:
But in the demo area there would be no images uploaded, comments, rating and it doesn't show interaction between forum users and the media gallery because the only user in the demo area is yourself.
In regards to this, I'm not sure if it's feasible but perhaps the demo could be populated with demo content?

Demos are fully functional - it is possible to create new accounts and create content, comment on it, like it, etc.

Now that it's enabled in the sidebar. I wish they set it at Recent Media instead of Random Media.

I always have to click on the Media Tab to see if there is New Media.

It would be like having the Profile Posts sidebar show up as Random Profile Posts instead of New Profile Posts.

Now that it's enabled in the sidebar. I wish they set it at Recent Media instead of Random Media.

I always have to click on the Media Tab to see if there is New Media.

It would be like having the Profile Posts sidebar show up as Random Profile Posts instead of New Profile Posts.
You can set the block in the sidebar to show new media.

I thought the point of this forum is for support and to display all of the features of the script.(even if members don't like it)
I meant for this forum, not my forum.

The goal of displaying the feature has been attained. Now you just want it personalized to improve your interaction with the Gallery and its contents, which I think is a bit selfish seeing how you have options to set it up however you wish to on your own forum - but there have to be standards maintained on an official company forum, and having recent uploads rather than random would just add more work for the Staff to keep an eye out for all recent uploads, as an inappropriate image showing up is not professional and would not suite a company forum.

Top Bottom