Why is XenForo the beesknees????

phatollie

OK, this is a serious question.
The forum we are about to launch has many competitors, but none of them particularly good.
Dont get me wrong, some of them are pretty good but they all use vBulletin.
We chose xenForo over VB because we just felt that the overall appearance, along with little jazzy things, made it a nicer user experience than VB, BUT, what I am trying to find out is what makes xenForo stand out from the crowd? What can I do with xenForo that gives me the edge over the other sites running vBulletin. Is there anything xenForo does that vBulletin doesnt?
As I say, this is geniune research here, as I need something thats really going to make users of the VB sites think "hell yeah, I'm gonna sign up with this new one and leave the old one" :)
You can see our current, under development site here www.phatollie.com

I look forward to your thoughts/comments/aspects. Feedback muchly appreciated.

Posting rates have tripled since I converted.

Considering a forum is about posting, that pretty much covers it.

I see your point as a forum owner, but I'm thinking more along the line of xenForos USP to the consumer. Just wondered if there was anything outstanding above and beyond the Forum?
This is in no way meant to belittle xenForo in any way, shape or form, I love it, its an awesome piece of kit, but being a newby to xenForo and forums in general, I just wondered if I was missing something that I could say, "hey, our forum does 'this' and the forum your currently on doesnt" if that makes sense?

Features and software are important but what really makes a community the bees knees is the atmosphere you foster. I've seen basic BB board styles communities that have thousands of regular users and I've seen fancy shmancy websites with all sorts of incentives and bells and whistles which are completely dead.

If you want your community to thrive then you (or your team) have to be at the centre of everything that's happening and you should try and help keep things moving along. As cool as xenforo is, it cant replace the soul of a community and it will only work in conjunction with your own efforts.

I see your point as a forum owner, but I'm thinking more along the line of xenForos USP to the consumer. Just wondered if there was anything outstanding above and beyond the Forum?
This is in no way meant to belittle xenForo in any way, shape or form, I love it, its an awesome piece of kit, but being a newby to xenForo and forums in general, I just wondered if I was missing something that I could say, "hey, our forum does 'this' and the forum your currently on doesnt" if that makes sense?
Administration and moderation is much easier than I ever found vBulletin to be.

Spam cleaner really helps with spammers as its only a few clicks to rid yourselves of them (the ones that even make it through).

Styling system is the best I have -ever- used on any system. The CSS that controls the structure and styling of XenForo is easy to customize, and the style properties make it much easier to use if you do not understand CSS.

The integrated like system gets more use than any thanks or rating system I have ever used.

Thanks for your feedback, very good points very well made :)
@Lone Wolf, we aim to have an awesome community, just like this one ;)

Unique Selling Proposition is that XF is leading us to the future of forums. :)

Xenforo is a great system. It is very flexible for both end users, you as an admin and your mod team. You can customise it with ease to fit your needs. And for the common user, that like system, it will make them hungry so to speak to be more active.

And it will get even better. The upcoming new 1.1. version will add some very new exiting features.

http://xenforo.com/community/threads/development-update-may-2011.16084/

Not to mention a very helpful community and great staff as well.

Features and software are important but what really makes a community the bees knees is the atmosphere you foster. I've seen basic BB board styles communities that have thousands of regular users and I've seen fancy shmancy websites with all sorts of incentives and bells and whistles which are completely dead.

If you want your community to thrive then you (or your team) have to be at the centre of everything that's happening and you should try and help keep things moving along. As cool as xenforo is, it cant replace the soul of a community and it will only work in conjunction with your own efforts.

Excellent post and absolutely true.

Top Bottom