Why is xenForo better than vBulletin?

IPB User here, haven't felt the need for a vBulletin licence, why use a dinosaur? - brought Xen on day one and am converting to it, my members are going to love me for the decision :)

I just answered this question for the marketing guy on our site, figure it's worth reposting

---
XF is currently a Beta release, but that said it's in better condition that VB4 which has been fully released for a year and still has over 1000 bugs.

I spent over 200 hours theming our vb4, 30 minutes to get better results on XF.

Upgrades are a nightmare with VB, every time I need to redo the header and other templates. Takes about 3 hours an upgrade, and they bring out one ever few weeks. With XF it would be a matter of minutes, as the actual product is so much closer to what we want.

XF is 20% faster and 50% the price of VB.

XF supports internet explorer, utilises modern web technologies, is better optimised for search engines and much easier to modify. It is more intuitive, and supported by a good friendly and highly competent UK based company.

XF has a built in ticket system so when a post or thread is reported a ticket is raised. It then doesn't matter who answers the ticket, if you close it then others will know it's been actioned.

XF is much more interactive and encourages participation. There is an alerts system that is addictive.

Finally, the company behind vb are acting like complete *****. As such
I believe the developer community (which were the main pull of VB) have all but abandoned it for IPB and XF.

Top Bottom