Why is the forum not GPDR compliant? Where are there for it Plugins?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefanstp

Is it possible that even the very latest version (beta) of the forum is not GPDR compliant? How can I make sure that I am not sued when I buy the software?

How can that be? For example, you use Google Analytics here through the Google Tag Manager. According to privacy laws, the visitor must also have the option of not being tracked. How is that possible?

This is not enabled by default, it is therefore only a concern if you choose to enable that. If this is a genuine concern, we simply recommend not enabling that functionality.

If you choose to enable that, you may need to adjust your privacy policy, but the default policy does sufficiently outline that analytics tracking may take place.

So in Germany and thus also in the EU (and still Great Britain is in the EU) it is like this: Immediately when the user comes to the website, a query must be made whether the user may be analyzed/tracked or not. Very well it made e.g. www.tutorials.de or (is by the way also a xenforo system) or https://techcrunch.com. I would like to have something like that here. Just to write that the user may be analyzed and the user can't do anything is not enough and is in danger of a warning.

What now? I'm not a lawyer, but I can help you to find some links where it is clearly stated (I'm not a fan of this policy, but what should you do as a website operator).

We're comfortable that the approach we have currently taken is sufficient and we do not have any immediate plans to make any changes to the software.

If you disagree with the approach then you have to make your own arrangements that fit with your preferred interpretation of the regulations. As it stands we do not foresee any issues with our approach and have yet to be told officially and directly otherwise. Indeed we're also not aware of any customer being approached directly by official agencies who have taken issue with our approach.

For now we will continue with the approach we have taken but there are existing suggestion threads for specific suggestions which may be a more appropriate place to voice your opinion on the specific issues that you think contradict your preferred interpretation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom