Why is Mark B pretending to be banned????

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was just so necessary.

I don't care, at all, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything.. but if anyone were indeed pretending to be banned, I would guess they are doing it for attention. You know how to defeat that? Don't even look in their direction.

I don't understand what compels people to want to discuss this, it's only getting people wrapped up in the drama they claim to hate so much.

This was just so necessary.

I don't care, at all, so I'm not accusing anyone of doing anything.. but if anyone were indeed pretending to be banned, I would guess they are doing it for attention. You know how to defeat that? Don't even look in their direction.

I don't understand what compels people to want to discuss this, it's only getting people wrapped up in the drama they claim to hate so much.
Like I said, plain odd.

Thanks for taking the time to discuss this with me, even though you cant understand why people would want to.

....Whoa. They took the ban thing waaaaaaaaaaaayy too far if that's a moderator's action.... Name and shame by a moderator? Waaaaay too far.

I dunno if that's pretending... I wouldn't put my avatar as "Banned" and then "Drama Queen" as my status, or even put "SCAM by xf" either.
Considering that post just got deleted, I'll assume he's fakin' it.

*points at Mr. Kicks* How would you know? :D

He admitted he put the avatar up himself, I think he just went into moderation(which probably should of been done along time ago lol ) :) and he see's moderation as being banned so he "refuses to visit the site"

He admitted he put the avatar up himself, I think he just went into moderation(which probably should of been done along time ago lol ) :) and he see's moderation as being banned so he "refuses to visit the site"
Ahhh...I see. :ROFLMAO:

Threads discussing actions that have been taken against users are not encouraged.

However on this occasion I will explain.

Mark B isn't banned. He was placed into moderation for reasons I think everyone who has followed his recent posts could understand.

Given his recent involvement with VB5 (an alpha tester I am informed), his constant posting in the pre-sales forum posting comments to discourage potential customers and agressive nature to other users were no longer welcomed.

We have no issue informing people that development is on hold, however posting comments to potential customers that "XenForo is dead" is simply unacceptable, and given his constant flip-flopping of allegiance from one company to another, we could only view it as a further attempt to engraciate himself with vBulletin and take customers away from XenForo.

Anyways, what he did after however was to limit who could view his profile, and changed his avatar to one which was light grey and had the word banned in it.

Jake and myself do not have the ability to ban users from the forum. For that we have to pass it upto KAM, and we have not done that with Mark at this time. *ammendium* Lawrences post below suggest adding an excessive number of warning points infact bans a user rather than simply moderating them... in which case I stand corrected. I will have to confirm that but was previously unaware if this was the case */ammendium*

Since then he has gone around and edited or deleted serveral of his posts... again... showing he was not banned and was simply placed in moderation.

Otherwise we consider the matter closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom