Why is everyone fussing about 1.2, isn't Xenforo already great

Mike said this, people then wanted more information. Then they wanted to know why Kier hasn't been around (And speculated that there was a falling out), and when he answered they wanted more information.

Really? I've not seen ANYONE post a reason why the devs haven't been able to post a simple update. Mike said developement was ongoing but he never said why they've suddenly disengaged from the community or what's taking up their time and preventing any sort of proper status update.

Really? I've not seen ANYONE post a reason why the devs haven't been able to post a simple update. Mike said developement was ongoing but he never said why they've suddenly disengaged from the community or what's taking up their time and preventing any sort of proper status update.

It's not going to happen you need to chill dude ! i mean have you noticed how many time you have repeated/posted same thing over the forum in last few hours . If they were to give any details/updates they would have already . These discussions will go round and round then result = increase of blood pressure .

Hi tenants, your posts are valid. Let's just say that people here are being unreasonable. Let's say the people who are seeking information / reassurance are plain wrong to ask so. But, the undisputed fact is that, a lot of people are (rightly or wrongly) very concerned and worried. So given this fact, what are the things the dev team can do? They can continue the silence till how long it takes them to release beta or whichever release of 1.2 (or 1.1.3). But by that time they would have lost a lot of potential customers due to the negativity and annoyed a lot of existing customers some of who may just leave them.

The second option is for them to post possibly talking about at what stage of development they are at or even plain state that they had been sidetracked due to whatever reason but are also working on the product. Unless they are somehow legally bound for whatever reason not to make a product related post, there seems to be no justifiable reason not to make a post calming people. The alternative is far too damaging if they drag this silence longer.

The only other possibility which can explain the strange silence would be that the product has actually reached an end of life, due to legal or whatever other reason. I wouldn't even want to think about it, but Brogan's departure adds fuel to this speculation (which is what this is). He was very passionate about XF and I really don't see a bunch of immature posts criticizing him here or elsewhere forcing him to quit. It's well and good if he has personal reasons to quit, but then if I had personal reasons and was quitting, I would probably say Goodbye...

I am reconciling myself to the fact that 1.1.2 may be the last XF version we may see for a long time. I do not expect them to release 1.2 anywhere near end of June or even in July because nearly half of the quarter is gone and we have seen no "Have you seen". So if there is another XF version, it would not be anytime soon, is my "guess". To be honest, I don't really mind because I can myself too code and extend XF 1.1.2 for whatever I need to do.

To reiterate :

And it really is... even if 1.2 is delayed, it's far better than the others (and I'm fairly certain there will be great plug-ins that continue to be developed)

I know for a fact, that XenForo is being directly attacked by the competition and some of these "members" here are only here to start drama and bring a negative view upon XenForo. And I fear some people are wrongfully buying into that negative view. It's simple propaganda designed to discourage the community.

I also am well aware that some people just can never be satisfied no matter what you tell them. But for those whom maybe a little bit more willing to listen to reason.

• XenForo 1.2 will be ready when it is ready
  • Commentary updates do not speed up actual production
  • XenForo staff have gone "hush" in public for legal reasons; its called being responsible
  • Support is answered via tickets in a professional and quick manner, the forums are secondary & primarily community driven
  • If the above reply is not sanctifying, keep re-reading until it is. Nothing you say will change it.

I wish they would put together 1.2 alpha and just only have a new style added with different colors. Then bone heads that was wanting an update got one. Just not the one they prayed and hoped for ..well they got one and then they would just shout out for update 1.3 . LAME>

You all beggers sound like Gollum from Lord of the Rings < my precious >

Also the version that is out now is better than anything else out there and almost no need to improve for forum only software.

I know for a fact, that XenForo is being directly attacked by the competition and some of these "members" here are only here to start drama

and all you have to say to those people is:

And it really is... even if 1.2 is delayed, it's far better than the others (and I'm fairly certain there will be great plug-ins that continue to be developed)

This is both true, and offending to those people... it dissolves any argument they have and their "stirring" diminishes with a resolution that XF is a good product (and one that has a brilliant future once the bullying it all over)... even now, it shines far above the rest ;)

Very good points made, thanks:

• XenForo 1.2 will be ready when it is ready
  • Commentary updates do not speed up actual production
  • XenForo staff have gone "hush" in public for legal reasons; its called being responsible
  • Support is answered via tickets in a professional and quick manner, the forums are secondary & primarily community driven
  • If the above reply is not sanctifying, keep re-reading until it is. Nothing you say will change it.

But by that time they would have lost a lot of potential customers due to the negativity and annoyed a lot of existing customers

This is the part I don't understand, it's already a good product... do we even need 1.2?

It's already ahead of the game and the competitors are weeping.

The competitors probably are coming on the board to "stirr things up"... but then we are all big kids at the end of the day, and I can't blame them for doing it (they've been thrashed by this product :) )

This is the part I don't understand, it's already a good product... do we even need 1.2?

Yes, it's a great product...but it's still missing many things that other, more established, forum software has...for example, the mobile style that we should be seeing in 1.2. Just because it does everything you need it to, doesn't mean it covers everything that others need it to do. You do not speak for all of us and you should not be the only type of customer the software caters to.

Yes, it's a great product...but it's still missing many things that other, more established, forum software has...for example, the mobile style that we should be seeing in 1.2. Just because it does everything you need it to, doesn't mean it covers everything that others need it to do. You do not speak for all of us and you should not be the only type of customer the software caters to.

I know, this is my opinion... Sorry if you feel I have enforced it in anyway.

I do feel that many of the things that people expect/want could be done with plug-ins
... and that getting aggravated / annoyed at the company that are "wrongly" being bullied isn't an effective solution (It is an opion that I stand by, but it is only an opion)

I do feel that many of the things that people expect/want could be done with plug-ins

Not everyone wants features added using plug-ins. Supported by 3rd party developers that might be buggy, don't keep to xenforo coding standards, include exploits, they go missing no longer supporting them, don't work with newer XF version, they cost extra money to buy adding those features (that are otherwise in core costing nothing extra). e.t.c.

Your speaking too much from your own point of view.

Not everyone wants features using plug-ins.

and not everyone wants features using core (there are advantages / disadvantages on both sides of the argument)

as quoted by Lincoln and Lydgate – “…you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.

and extended by most people (or at least philosophers that I've got into debates with)

You can't please all of the people all of the time
You can't even please all of the people some of the time
or some of the people all of the time
... you can only please some of the people some of the time ;)

Some things that people think should be in core, others might not... In my opinion, the core acting as a Forum is already very good (it does what it says on the tin...very well, much better than any of the other forum types)

Top Bottom