XF 1.2 Why installing an addon rebuilds things that were not changed by the addon?

refael

I did a quick test, I created an empty addon and tried to install it.
In the install process it rebuild phrases, templates, admin templates, etc...

The addon does not create new phrases, nor templates.
So why it rebuilds this information?

Reactions: rdn
Because during the addon install process, the code to rebuild everything is called :rolleyes:

Ideally, it should check for what was changed/added and only rebuild that...

Liam

What if you inserted or changed things via the install code? What if you were upgrading and had something before but didn't have it now (or vice versa). It's not trivial and this is much safer. (On an optimized forum, the rebuild process should really only take 60-90 seconds at a maximum; if it takes longer, you'll want to look at your server and cut down on the number of languages/styles if possible.)

What if you inserted or changed things via the install code?
In that case I probably could trigger the necessary rebuild in the install code as well.
It's not a big deal, just found it annoying while testing few addons and needed to re-install few times.

Is it worth to open a suggestion or this is not something that is going to change?

Is there a way to prevent the re-build from happening? This could be useful if you have multiple addons to install and would like to do the re-build only at the end.

Top Bottom