Why forums exist

I am in the middle here on this subject. I mean this isn't 12-15 years ago when the forum became engineered. Back then you could create a forum about your dog and people would join and be active. Advertisement forums, affiliate forums, review forums etc etc. these were the way to go. In today's world people are picky they want strong communities and easy to forum software. I agree with all of you in today's world there is no point in creating a forum. The exception to this is if you use it as a support forums for your business. I think it's the nature of the beast. Heck I have spoken to younger people and they ask me what a forum is. So we can definitely see that those of us who have been doing this for many years have to keep the cycle going so to speak.

Just to be clear. I didn't open this thread, not with intention at least.
Brogan decided to move this "offtopic stuff" to here and made me the owner of this thread :).

Previously my intention was (and is) to talk about the "what is next for Xenforo".

And in my opener you can read on which things Xenforo should focus. Maybe my examples are not good but I think you all get the point. Competing with Twitter (social groups), Instagram (pic galleries), Vine (video galleries), Facebook (Profile Posts and status update) is the wrong direction.

It will fail and is failing. For example you can read about it on here.

Of course people will and can use this features with media galleries, trophies and profile posts, etc.
You are the admins, you decide what is the best for you.
But you cannot say that everyone who owns a Xenforo licence will benefit from galleries and such things.
That is why this shouldn't be important for the Xenforo staff.
They should focus on the "information supplying and containing" thing I talked about. Because this is what all forums will benefit from and make all comunities able to compete with those giant mainstream things. Because "And that has made all the difference."

Last edited:
Top Bottom