1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why doesn't the lightsaber light up the whole room?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by DRE, Oct 6, 2012.

1. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Ever notice how the lightsaber, which is something so bright, only illuminates a small portion of it's environment, even when in dark rooms?
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Star Wars = science fantasy
    Star Trek = science fiction

If you want to ask intelligent questions about technology then come over to the trek universe. We have a wiki with detailed specs on the technology of the trek universe.

3. MsJacquiiC

MsJacquiiC Well-Known Member

I'm a Trekkie - but perhaps it's not the lightsaber which fails to illuminate, but the user, in which case you would need to blame the author of the subpar "instrument use for dummies" big, thick, yellow manual, if such a thing ever could exist? [​IMG]
  4. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

I couldn't even reply to this. It put me in deep thought. Science 'Fantasy' versus Science 'Fiction'. I've always just lumped them in the same boat.

Stuff like the teleportation in Star Trek is just as fantastical as the lightsaber in Star Wars, and we already have a real life saber...

5. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Too much money, too much time on their hands. :ROFLMAO:

6. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

7. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

8thos likes this.
  8. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

lmaooo funniest part of that movie was the alien busting out someone's stomach and doing a dance routine.
  9. DRE

DRE Well-Known Member

Main thing that bothers me about Star Wars is that no matter what era, 2000, years in the future or past, all the technology is EXACTLY THE SAME

This takes place 3000 years before the original film trilogy of Star Wars and yet... the technology is EXACTLY THE SAME lol