Why does XenForo auto-complete "@File"

buffy

While composing here, if I type "@File" a little pop-up appears touting "Filetrip". If I click it, or just press <Enter>, my text is automatically completed to "@Filetrip". On another site which uses XenForo, it's "@FileViewer". What's up with that?

The auto complete does nothing more than convert to a user BB code and links to a profile.

The auto complete does nothing more than convert to a user BB code and links to a profile.
I frequent a site that uses XenForo where I, and others, often post code. In the particular language, tokens beginning with "@" are common and significant. I have to jump through hoops to type "do x in @file<Enter>" without winding up with someone's username. It's just a pain in the ...

Can it be turned off by a XenForo-using site's admin?

And, there's a new editor for composing ... right? Inserted <code> blocks do not default to a monospaced font as once was the case. Can the admin change that?
Styling is mostly CSS

Just ignore the popup and keep on typing normally whatever it is you want to type. Nothing gets changed automatically for me. It's just a list of options you could pick from if you wanted.

Top Bottom