XF 1.4 Why does AddThis load on all my XenForo pages?

Lone Wolf

I use AddThis on my forum and it's useful on Threads. I prefer it to the Share This Page options. I have the AddThis option enabled on my ACP as well with the unique AddThis ID.

However I've noticed that AddThis is loading on my homepage, my forums list and on my forum pages as well. There's no AddThis implementation on those pages so I dont know why that's happening. It's slowing down the load of the pages.

Below are some examples of what's happening. Is this a XenForo default if I fill in the AddThis ID?

Home Page

homepage-addthis-load.webp

Forum List

forumlist-addthis-load.webp

Forum View

forumview-addthis-load.webp

It's something that you (or your style) added:
Code:
<!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-xxxxxx" async="async"></script>

It's something that you (or your style) added:
Code:
<!-- Go to www.addthis.com/dashboard to customize your tools -->
<script type="text/javascript" src="//s7.addthis.com/js/300/addthis_widget.js#pubid=ra-xxxxxx" async="async"></script>

Thank you Mike, we've put that into a conditional and now it only loads on thread pages.

On the same subject, I've noticed on thread pages that addThis loads several times and sometimes waits for a long period with 0 bytes transferred. Is there a way to streamline it so fewer addTHis requests are made and none of them are for 0 bytes?

Below is an example of how many times addTHis loads on thread view...

threadview-addthis-load.webp

Does it need to load that many times and any advice on the two 0 byte loads highlighted which are causing long loading delays?

In Chrome itself, I see it listed as being triggered twice, but by the same line of source, so it may be a display bug due to the async declaration on it. The third reference is coming from the AddThis code itself. So I don't think you really have any control over this.

Top Bottom