Why Did You use XenForo

Because it is superior in speed and overall feel versus the runner up vBulletin.

As well, I don't have the confidence in vBulletin anymore. IB released vB4 and it's horrid. It's hard to afford the hosting power just to run vB4.
vB3 is still good, but feels dated.

Xenforo is the future ... short of this lawsuit thing being a bit of a drag .... the future is bright for Xenforo and dark and gloomy for Internet Brand's version of vBulletin. I've seen what the Internet Brands corporation thinks forum software is .... and I don't like it.

I might go back to vBulletin if Kier designed vB5 ... but I'm thinking that won't happen.

Why did you choose it ?

Am of to tell the truth here ... because I was sick of 1000+ bugs on vbulletin and no one fixing them ...

and ofc this image made me use xenforo :love:
profilepic1034_3.gif

I am still wondering if XF has a converter for myBB
No native converter.
But I bet Floris www.xenfans.com could do it for you for a good price.

If you have a vB licence, you could do this ... MyBB -> vBulletin 3 -> Xenforo.
I see MyBB has Tier2 support in vBulletin IMPEX.
Code:
vbulletin.com/docs/html/impex_systems

Code:
MyBulletinBoard (MyBB)
Tier = 2
Source version support in ImpEx = 1.4
Import Usergroup
Import User
Import Forum
Import Thread
Import Post
Import Poll
Import Private Messages
Import Moderator
Import Attachment
Import Smilie
source

Because it is superior in speed and overall feel versus the runner up vBulletin.

As well, I don't have the confidence in vBulletin anymore. IB released vB4 and it's horrid. It's hard to afford the hosting power just to run vB4.
vB3 is still good, but feels dated.

Xenforo is the future ... short of this lawsuit thing being a bit of a drag .... the future is bright for Xenforo and dark and gloomy for Internet Brand's version of vBulletin. I've seen what the Internet Brands corporation thinks forum software is .... and I don't like it.

I might go back to vBulletin if Kier designed vB5 ... but I'm thinking that won't happen.

Why did you choose it ?
What he said. :p

Because I was only just hanging on at VB as it was... awaiting their "promises" and also was privy to see some new work, which just wasn't developing the software, then they announced sueing XF, and that was the last straw. Changed all my sites to XF, sold all VB licenses, want nothing more to do with a company that has such scrupulous tactics built on what I know is a foundation of BS.

VB have some great support staff... but at management level, they don't have a clue anymore IMO.

Because I have faith in the developers
Because I wanted to return to a community with solid support of peers (not just the developers)
Because I wanted something without bugs
Because I wanted a software that wasn't bloated and was lightweight
Because I wanted software that my members would find easy to navigate
Because I wanted software that a modding community was going to support

Well,

I wanted to start a new community. I liked vBulletin 3.8, but I didn't like vBulletin 4, and IB was a bit too complicated to customise for the amount of effort I was willing to put in, so Xenforo seemed like the most logical choice: Up to date, clean, fast, simple and ... a bit less ... 'corporation-y'.

Top Bottom