XF 2.0 Why attachments are un-cachable?

karnaf

It looks like all attachments on the forum have the following headers:

Cache-Control: private, no-cache, max-age=0 Expires: Thu, 19 Nov 1981 08:52:00 GMT

They make sure the attachments dont get cached on a CDN or the user's browser.

Why? Is there way to fix this through Xenforo settings or I need to overwrite these headers using Nginx?

Attachments are permission controlled and thus CDN caching is not generally appropriate. These are the standard headers output by all "normal" XF pages (which is set whenever a session is started).

Well even if they do then the only way to see them would be to guess the URL which is impossible.
My forum is attachment heavy, thousands of files are shared. So a CDN and good caching are required for good performance.

Well even if they do then the only way to see them would be to guess the URL which is impossible.
My forum is attachment heavy, thousands of files are shared. So a CDN and good caching are required for good performance.
Yes indeed, it's been a long time since you created this thread, so how's your problem, is it solved yet ?
If you have thousands of files are shared then it must use alot of bandwidth, am i correct ? Then how to solve it

can you provide details on this! thanks.
If you haven't found a solution, here's something that may help...

Top Bottom