Why Are They All Being Deleted Now?

Add-ons are being automatically deleted when they are not updated in a while (I think 6 months but not sure about that).

For XF1 add-ons that is expected because it's end of life.

Add-ons are being automatically deleted when they are not updated in a while (I think 6 months but not sure about that).

For XF1 add-ons that is expected because it's end of life.
That's not correct.

The automatic housekeeping deletes any paid resources where the author has not logged in for 3 months, is no longer licensed, has had their forum account deleted, or is permanently banned.

Free resources are not deleted, they are marked as [Unmaintained].

Why are all the addons, and styles, in the XenForo 1 resources section being deleted?
I'm also not entirely sure what you're specifically referring to; I haven't seen any deletions today. There were a bunch of deletions of XF1 and XF2 add-ons over the weekend from a specific author who is no longer part of the community.

But, in general, I would expect to see more XF1 resources deleted as a matter of course over time, assuming the resource authors choose to do so.

They are outdated, no longer maintained, and there's little incentive for add-on developers to do so because the market is comparatively tiny compared to XF2.

I'm also not entirely sure what you're specifically referring to; I haven't seen any deletions today. There were a bunch of deletions of XF1 and XF2 add-ons over the weekend from a specific author who is no longer part of the community.

But, in general, I would expect to see more XF1 resources deleted as a matter of course over time, assuming the resource authors choose to do so.

They are outdated, no longer maintained, and there's little incentive for add-on developers to do so because the market is comparatively tiny compared to XF2.

Well, that sucks.:( I use XenForo 1 only. You couldn't pay me to use XenForo 2 instead.

I'm talking about this https://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-releases.72/ . Pages, and pages, and pages with addons with [Deleted] next to them now. This sucks for people, like me, who still use XenForo 1.:(

Good thing I download most of them before they went bye-bye. Still a few I didn't get though. Guess I'll never get those ones now.:(

That's what Chris said. You really should upgrade to XF2. The longer you use XF1 te more difficult it will get maintaining it (and keep it secure!)

99% of the time a XF1 addon is deleted is because the addon developer deleted it, or it got removed (paid addons) due to housekeeping.

Well, that sucks.:( I use XenForo 1 only. You couldn't pay me to use XenForo 2 instead.

I'm talking about this https://xenforo.com/community/forums/add-on-releases.72/ . Pages, and pages, and pages with addons with [Deleted] next to them now. This sucks for people, like me, who still use XenForo 1.:(

Good thing I download most of them before they went bye-bye. Still a few I didn't get though. Guess I'll never get those ones now.:(
This is ultimately the price you pay for being in a small minority of people who willingly want to run outdated and unsupported software.

Cat Bra GIF

Top Bottom