XF 2.2 Why are there empty-box icons on the pages of my forum?

BluRayHiDef

I recently installed the UI.X theme by Theme House and there are these empty-box icons on the pages of my forum. I'm assuming that actual icons are supposed to exist in their places. So, how do I fix this?

The red squares were added by me to highlight the empty-box squares that are the problem.

Missing Icons.jpg

C4FC7DB0-F386-431F-97B0-3ADFE6F5D3AC.webp
5AC684CD-6FCC-4A3F-8A96-15D0974288FD.webp
You probably threw the files that you would put in the Style folder from ftp while uploading the theme's files. There are xenforo files again in the style folder and there are also the js folder. You probably put the files that you would put in the js folder above to the js folder inside the style. That's why those buttons don't appear.

Attachments

• C60FC78C-BE86-47F5-B669-89F03263FF7A.webp
    C60FC78C-BE86-47F5-B669-89F03263FF7A.webp
    22.4 KB · Views: 1
View attachment 271520
View attachment 271521
You probably threw the files that you would put in the Style folder from ftp while uploading the theme's files. There are xenforo files again in the style folder and there are also the js folder. You probably put the files that you would put in the js folder above to the js folder inside the style. That's why those buttons don't appear.

I'm not familiar with what's in that picture; my user-interface doesn't look like that. I simply uploaded the zip-folder for the add-on ([TH] UI.X 2.2.0 Patch Level 2) and then I imported the XML file for the style.

I did this for the themes that are currently active for users without a problem.

Are you using:

If so you need to update/reconfigure by following the detailed instructions here:
What about the files in the "upload" folder of the zip file (the "js" and "styles" folders)? I never installed/ uploaded them. How do I do so?

no, if you haven't uploaded the xml file, extract the xml file of your theme from the zip file and upload it.
I've done that.

Press button of uix dark theme
I've done that. I know how to activate and switch between themes. The reason that it's not switched-on in that picture is because I don't want users/ visitors of the site to see it; however, I can still see it because I'm the administrator.

If you have installed the files of your theme in the form of a plugin, there is no problem. I think you should ask the developer how the theme installation is going on. Or is there an installation instruction where you downloaded the theme?

Top Bottom