Who Watches Wrestling?

lmaooo that's so stupid.

It's funny stuff. I love their tag team.

If you didn't know, that move is from a wrestler that passed away, Eddie Guerrero. The audible laughter from the crowd was because they knew what they were doing.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Yeah, miss Eddie Guerrero. Luckily I was able to see him live before he passed.

I still wear my "Latino Heat" tabasco-style shirt from time to time.

I went to a TNA Impact Wrestling match today. Wrestling looks more fake now live than it did back in the day. I wonder why that is...

I went to a TNA Impact Wrestling match today. Wrestling looks more fake now live than it did back in the day. I wonder why that is...

Wrestling has changed. It's more about the athletics, than it is about the mat wrestling, ESPECIALLY with TNA Wrestling. That's why I watch TNA more than I do WWE. I enjoy the athletic wrestlers like the ones in the X Division, and stuff like that. Don't get me wrong, I love mat wrestling. It totally has it's place, but I get giddy whenever I see a well executed spot.

It really just comes down to preference. I know people who live & die by old school NWA wrestling, & people who can't stand that kind of stuff. I'm kind of in the middle. I can enjoy a good ol' Ric Flair match, but I can also enjoy the athletic talent it takes to be a new school wrestler.

Last edited:

It's because modern wrestling is all about high flying spots whilst old school wrestling was more about grapples and slams. Grapples and slams are easy to execute but when you are flying through the air to smash into someone 20 feet away it requires more precision. That's why you see wrestlers moving themselves on the mat to be in the right position or looking sideways at the othe other guy to make sure they are in the right place when he executes his move. There's a lot of ring positioning in modern wrestling and talking between wrestlers which gives the game away.

The moves look good but they are just too fake, it's more like an athletics display these days. That's one of the reasons I dont watch wrestling any more.

It's because modern wrestling is all about high flying spots whilst old school wrestling was more about grapples and slams. Grapples and slams are easy to execute but when you are flying through the air to smash into someone 20 feet away it requires more precision. That's why you see wrestlers moving themselves on the mat to be in the right position or looking sideways at the othe other guy to make sure they are in the right place when he executes his move. There's a lot of ring positioning in modern wrestling and talking between wrestlers which gives the game away.

The moves look good but they are just too fake, it's more like an athletics display these days. That's one of the reasons I dont watch wrestling any more.
I'm talking about... when they punch each other and the punches don't connect, but they still react to it anyway as if they got hit real hard. :LOL:

I'm talking about... when they punch each other and the punches don't connect, but they still react to it anyway as if they got hit real hard. :LOL:

In the old days most of them used to work 'stiff' which meant they would actually punch each other and connect but obviously not at full strength.

Did you get to see Samoa Joe wrestle? He's got some of the best punches in the business right now.

In the old days most of them used to work 'stiff' which meant they would actually punch each other and connect but obviously not at full strength.
Yeah I was at least expecting them to graze each other, nothing serious. I know that when they stomp the ground it's to cover up the action of their punch, but damn at least lightly tap the dude lol. Air punching like sage mode naruto. :ROFLMAO:

Did you get to see Samoa Joe wrestle? He's got some of the best punches in the business right now.
No I saw Kurt Angle fight some dude, then Velvet Sky fight this chick in daisy dukes, then the cowboys vs jersey shore (wtf) and Jeff Hardy vs some other dude. I had to leave before the main event cause my friend's son got sick. Main event was Chris Saban vs some dude for the championship. I never saw them =/

My favorite match was the cowboys. I guess they show this event on Thursday, that's what my friend says. I enjoyed the cowboys match the most cause it was hilarious and when they were fighting, they had more contact than the other matches. I'm not surprised though, you get any bunch of dudes together and it will get rougher.

I miss the good old WCW and good old WWF Attitude Era...those were the days.
Wrestling and their athletes have evolved nowadays. I still watch wrestling, but I don't enjoy it as much as I did like 13-15 years ago...

I miss the good old WCW and good old WWF Attitude Era...those were the days.
Wrestling and their athletes have evolved nowadays. I still watch wrestling, but I don't enjoy it as much as I did like 13-15 years ago...
Wholeheartedly agree with your entire post.

Top Bottom