Who listens to metal/rock music here?

Eagle

I listens to thats all and I love so much! But I just wanna know who listens to thats music genres? I'm a metalhead =P

I really love this music genres here;
Jazz, Blues, Rock, AOR (Adult Oriented Rock), Glam Rock, Metal, Southern Rock, Neo-Classical Metal, Hard'n Heavy, Rock N' Roll, Progressive Rock, Metal, Heavy Metal, American Heavy Metal, Gothic/Doom Metal, Power Metal, Melodic Death Metal and Turkish black metal.

And some the bands;
AC/DC, After Forever, Al Di Meola, Alcatrazz, Amon Amarth, Annihilator, Arch Enemy, Barış Manço, Barlas, Black Label Society, Black Omen, Bonfire, Brian Setzer, Buddy Rich, Cenk Eroğlu, Cem Adrian, Chick Corea, Children of bodom, Cinderella, Crematory, Dave Weckl, Dave Weiner, Delain, Demir Demirkan, Dimmu Borgir, Doro, Dream Theater, Embraced, Ennio Morricone, Europe, Five Finger Death Punch, Foreigner, Girlschool, Godsmack, Greg Howe, Guthrie Govan, Hatebreed, Heavens Gates, Hypnogaja, Iced Earth, In Flames, Iron Maiden, Jimi Hendrix, Joe Satriani, Journey, John Norum, Judas Priest, John Petrucci, KiSS, Korpiklaani, Lacrimosa, Led Zeppelin, Lenny Kravitz, Lostprophets, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Machine Head, Madam X, Magnum, Manowar, Megadeth, Michael Angelo Batio, Michael Romeo, Michael Bolton, Mike Stern, Moonsorrow, Mötley Crue, Nightwish, Otep, Ozzy Ozbourne, Ömer Dalkır, Öztürk, Pantera, Paul Gilbert, Paradise Lost, Poets of the Fall, Queen, Rainbow, Rammstein, Return, Revolution Renaissance, Robert Tepper, Rose Tattoo, Sarp, Satanicide, Saxon, ScorpionS, Skid Row, Slayer, SteelHeart, Steve Howe, Steve Lukather, Stratovarius, Survivor, Symphony X, Taner Çatı, Teoman, Tesla, Testament, Timo Tolkki, Tony MacAlpine, Vinnie Moore, WASP, White Lion, Whitesnake, Xyz, Yngwie J. Malmsteen, Zinatra.

Not a metal fan but I do like rock.

I like most music really apart from that R & B crap.

Ummm thanks for reply but why you do like R&B? It is just like rap and really I don't like rap and similar 'music' (in fact, thats not a music genres for me but nevermind.) I'm a metal fan whatever - well, what's your favorite/listens the bands/musicians? Can you tell me? Thanks, regards.

There is only one on your entire list that I've even listened to and that is Lynyrd Skynyrd, and that is because of two singles they did, Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird.
I guess I'm showing my age because my tastes run more to the late 60's and even then it wasn't hard rock or acid rock. Liz

There is only one on your entire list that I've even listened to and that is Lynyrd Skynyrd, and that is because of two singles they did, Sweet Home Alabama and Free Bird.
I guess I'm showing my age because my tastes run more to the late 60's and even then it wasn't hard rock or acid rock. Liz

Elizabeth belive me you're awesome then. I really love Lynyrd Skynyrd so much! Their music very amazing and make me very good when I listen to them all. Well, because I love southern rock and probably you know southern rock very great music genre and the bands. I need you, Freebird, Alabama, Simple man, They Call Me The Breeze, Mississippi Kid songs awesome. But Lynyrd Skynyrd don't have a luck so much. Because their some group members was died... (Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, Hughie Thomasson...) Very unlucky groups... But really, I love 'em all and I'll love 'em all, always... Do you love 80's glam/hardrock? Probably you loves KISS, Xyz, Mötley Crüe, Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Dio, Black Sabbath, Manowar, Judas Priest... so like me.

Elizabeth belive me you're awesome then. I really love Lynyrd Skynyrd so much! Their music very amazing and make me very good when I listen to them all. Well, because I love southern rock and probably you know southern rock very great music genre and the bands. I need you, Freebird, Alabama, Simple man, They Call Me The Breeze, Mississippi Kid songs awesome. But Lynyrd Skynyrd don't have a luck so much. Because their some group members was died... (Ronnie Van Zant, Steve Gaines, Cassie Gaines, Hughie Thomasson...) Very unlucky groups... But really, I love 'em all and I'll love 'em all, always... Do you love 80's glam/hardrock? Probably you loves KISS, Xyz, Mötley Crüe, Iron Maiden, Rainbow, Dio, Black Sabbath, Manowar, Judas Priest... so like me.
No, Rock music lost me in the late 70's. Liz

Yes. I'm a huge Led Zeppelin fan- they take the cake for me :)

Now, to make the list giant (and I'm sure I will miss some)... Jimi, Bob Dylan, Clapton, Beck, the Stones, Aerosmith, Tom Petty, Guns N Roses, The Who, Floyd, The Beatles, Skynard, The Doors, Jefferson Airplane, the Dire Straits, BOC, The Police, Boston, CCR, ZZ Top, Fleetwood Mac, The Kinks, The Eagles, Joan Jett, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Sabbath, Metallica, Megadeth...

I love classic rock as a whole. Metal is limited to just a fgew bands for me.

Love some of it... Led Zeppelin was my fave band as a teen - I still enjoy listening to them (on ocassion) and they are on my mp3 player so will often pop up randomly, and I still have to listen to a LOT of the music in your list via my dear Husband, whos musical tastes are very similar to yours... but my tastes are a lot more wide ranging that that now a days.

Anything from Classical to smooth jazz to (some) Pop, Skip Hop, Trance, House etc. I love anything Grooovy really

However I detest most modern Metal... and Death Metal.. arghghgghgh!

Led Zep, Aerosmith, Black Sabbath, Uriah Heep, Jethro Tull :), The Who, Stones, Midnight Oil, INXS, Split Enz, Mother Wolf, etc etc etc ....

Infected Mushroom is worth a listen, they do rock out on some albums (with a natural middle east feel) but go trance on others. Moby is also worth dialing into as is Aussie Paul Mac.

I'm a life-long Heavy Metal addict.

One of my vinyl albums in storage is Black Sabbath / Paranoid, purchased the week it was officially released. I was able to see Heaven and Hell in Dallas roughly two months before Dio was diagnosed. He will be missed.

A few years ago I attended a Motley Crue show and noticed that the majority of participants were driving impressive vehicles and moving child seats or soccer equipment around to get to the beer. It's funny when we go to these shows and remember the dramatic differences in our lives from the time when some of these bands were starting out.

I don't like all kinds of metal, but will generally listen to any metal that is good - regardless of the genre. When I'm fortunate to attend a show, I have to wear the same kind of earplugs I use on my motorcycle :rolleyes:

Been listening to metal for about 37 years which I'd bet is longer than quite a few of you have been alive LOL. Started listening to metal when i was 5 years old, first big band I was really into was KISS which yes they are not really metal now but in the 1970's they were the heaviest thing around! Today I listen to Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Rammstein, In Flames, KoRN, Slipknot, Behemoth, Children Of Bodom, Cannibal Corpse, Slayer, Bruce Dickinson, Blaze Bayley, Tool, Type O Negative and many others. I love all kinds of music but metal is my fav.

I used to listen Heavy Metal a lot but honestly i can't stand it anymore. I mainly listen 60-70's Rock.
Recently my major pain is the punk music my wife listens :D

Bit of Iron Maiden or Led Zepp doesn't go amiss. Quite interesting watching people's reaction to the shout at the start of Immigrant Song when my phone rings :p

Godsmack and Mastodon get a few plays too.

Oh dear friends I'm really very glad now I guess everyone loves rock/metal music here, this is awesome!
@Greg - You're awesome! Aerosmith, Pink Floyd is awesome! I'm a Pink Floyd fan! I really adore them all!
@mlx - Freddie Mercury has died :/ He was an amazing vocal from Queen the band.
@Dragonfly - I'm glad for that you loves Led Zeppelin I love 'em and I have a question; Really do you like death metal?
@Jethro - Of course, you're awesome :P
@Darfuria - Thank you and I'm glad then (:
@dutchbb - Ummm, I would guess you loves 80's HardRock, Heavy metal the bands, songs.
@motowebmaster - Other the bands play, Manowar Kill !!! :P Heavy metal = Girls, beers, harleys, lol :D
@Damiendarwick - I like it but Behemoth make black metal so much and they're very dangerous with their songs. But your other fav. the bands awesome I love it and glad to hear. And yes Kiss the band are not metal they make HardRock / Glam but some heavy metal genres right at their songs and genres and they're cool I'm a bigger Kiss fan :D
@Mert - Well, Thats awesome but I don't like punk so much. Punk music and punk lovers very popular in the UK and in the USA. In fact, I would guess, that punk music is very popular to the world but I really don't like 'em all. Generally punks just anarchy and NO SOLO in their songs, lol. whatever thanks for reply Mert I'm glad for that.
@Anth - you're great (: I love godsmack, their "I stand alone" songs really very awesome. Good Times, Bad Times... I love that album!

The long live Heavy Metal ^^

Their cover of Good Times, Bad Times didn't really get me. I prefer the original Led Zep version.

I'll listen to Metallica on the odd occasion. Unfortunately its all my university housemate could play on the guitar so its taken me a couple of years to detox!

Top Bottom