• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Who Has Read A Thread

Who Has Read A Thread
Ideas from ragtek Thread Reader

No thing really fancy, this addon displays the list of users who have read a thread. The key thing is you do not need to edit the template system (which means you can go ahead and upgrade XenForo anytime). Also, you have several positions to choose. I also added 2 display modes: username mode and avatar mode. Also, user visibility is taken into consideration ;)

Hope you like it :)

Change logs
    • Supported XenForo 1.1
    • Added one more position as requested
    • Permissions to view read users of a thread
    • Permissions to view read threads of a user (link available in member card only)
    • Option to display counter only (with overlay)
    • Option to prune the log

Attachments

Good work Dao, thumbs up!

I have few suggestion/requests:
  1. Restrict the display to certain user groups.
  2. Restrict the display to a set number of days.
  3. Option to set who read data records to be cleaned out after xxx days.
  4. Option to turn on the who read cutoff date (reset) function.
  5. Option to allow thread author to view who read information.

2. Option to allow thread author to view who read information.

These two I guess would have some priority. I'm going to install this add-on too. Thanks again.

Good work Dao, thumbs up!

2. Restrict the display to a set number of days.
  3. Option to set who read data records to be cleaned out after xxx days.
  4. Option to turn on the who read cutoff date (reset) function.
  5. Option to allow thread author to view who read information.

1. Done
  2. Done
  3. Done
  4. Err, not understand?
  5. Done
Nice work, Son
I would second putting permission so only admin/specific usergroup can view this data.
And if I click on a username, it will display a window of which thread that person has read. This is extremely useful.

I have used a similar mod in VB
http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=197487
Get the latest version man :D

Updated.
Ok, the latest feature to implement is when click on a username/avatar on the list, instead of the membercard, it will display overlay a list of thread that person has read.
Membercard provides me little additional value, while the proposed feature give me much needed look into if a certain member have read what i post.

Updated.
Ok, the latest feature to implement is when click on a username/avatar on the list, instead of the membercard, it will display overlay a list of thread that person has read.
Membercard provides me little additional value, while the proposed feature give me much needed look into if a certain member have read what i post.
Yeah, I got your point. The problem is it's quite complicated to display the threads in overlay (currently, I made use of the search system). So, that's it for now :D

And instead of "Users who have read this thread", you can add "45 users who have read this thread".

What are the * next to username means?

And instead of "Users who have read this thread", you can add "45 users who have read this thread".

What are the * next to username means?
I can see that...
Anyway, the asterisk means that user is currently not visible (but your account bypasses privacy settings so you can still see that user)

Dao Hoang Son, is it possible to make an option for display moving the field under the "Share This Page" or right above it?

1. Done
  2. Done
  3. Done
  4. Err, not understand?
  5. Done

Get the latest version man :D
Well done, Dao. Your too fast :p

Well the 4th request is the set/reset facility, that allows members to click on the 'set' link which then sets a personal 'cutoff' time - only showing who has read the thread after that time. The time can be reset as many times wanted, and also completely cleared again. When using this facility there is also a link to allow you to view a seperate list of all readers of the thread.

Well the 4th request is the set/reset facility, that allows members to click on the 'set' link which then sets a personal 'cutoff' time - only showing who has read the thread after that time. The time can be reset as many times wanted, and also completely cleared again. When using this facility there is also a link to allow you to view a seperate list of all readers of the thread.

Can you just clarify the Usage scenario ? Exactly why has this been useful ?

Can you just clarify the Usage scenario ? Exactly why has this been useful ?
You can call it sort of advance option, we are running games in threads, and after finishing the 1st or 2nd half users would like to see who have read the current 3rd half. So if we set the date we can see the personalized result. This is an example of its usage, but this is really not a necessary option.

There's another thing I would like to see, the time, when users have read thread last time.

Top Bottom