Who has been looking for the like button on their forums already?

Kim

LOL yeah me! I have gone to like something so many times :p

I do have the rep system, but it is just not the same at all :(

Grover

Me! In March 2010 I stopped contributing to the vBulletin community (after 8! dedicated years), but occasionally I still read the discussions over there and find my eyes searching for the [Like] button on postings (postings that criticizes vBulletin 4 and it's management to be clear, 'cause there not much to be [Liked] about the whole vB4 situation is there?) more and more... :)

OperaManiac

righto.

i think there is a feature in vB that is similar in nature but more complicated to use. i used to have it on my own forum a while ago. cannot find it right now. maybe it was disabled when i opted out of some feature of the forum. :|

it was anti-infraction thing. can anyone point it out? it was open to everyone and not just the mods.

OperaManiac

strange. i remember having a feature where users could give a positive rating for your post in a thread. and you could look at the positive ones in your profile page. i must be hallucinating once again.

haha oddly I have looked around for it a few times on other forums as well

luckily most of them have the click thanks mod so it's almost the same.

Shanj

I really like the Like feature but I keep forgetting to use it.
It's too far over on the right - unless you're on a small screen maybe.

When I run my XFs I'll make Like and Reply bigger and centre them via template edits.
The post number could stay over there but bigger.

One reason I like it is that it cuts down on the one word posts or even less like +1
I can see why they are intuitive to do but annoying to follow up email notification just for that .... several times in a row .... several times/ lots of times per day.
Of course I also want to disable that "no more notifications" thing. Then one could go on geting them and visit more when it suits you say every 5 notifications or so.

Am also interested to see how Like can be used at admin level.
But I think unless it's more obvious to use, just a bit more obtrusive, it'll get used in a patchy way so number of Likes won't be very reliable.

dutchbb

It's too far over on the right - unless you're on a small screen maybe.
I never expand a web browser window over the whole width of the screen. Usually I have two windows open next to each other or the main windows just at 70% of the screen width or so. Works much better imo.

Another option is to design your XF style so that it has a max width set (not the same as fixed width!).

Shanj

I never expand a web browser window over the whole width of the screen. Usually I have two windows open next to each other or the main windows just at 70% of the screen width or so. Works much better imo.
I have 3 instances of Fiefox open (Business/ Personal/ Community Poject) each with up to 10 tabs running. That needs width.

Russ

Considering it's comparable to the Thank You system other forums provide as mods it's nothing new to me. HOWEVER I think the really appealing thing on this system is the notifications. I love how easy it is to spot things that make you feel really apart of the community.