Who else loves pop-up overlays?

I'm gonna go ahead and say the unpopular thing. I wish it wasn't a popup for the editor, I think that's taking it too far, I'm all for looking nice and shiney with popups, but for an editor? Seems a little OTT....
I can't believe this, but, I agree with Mikey. I would much rather have an inline editor, than a pop-up editor.

I just do not like that big bulky box, no matter if the border etc gets changed or not.The box itself is big, bulky, and ugly. It just doesn't "fit" XenForo, at all.

I can't believe this, but, I agree with Mikey. I would much rather have an inline editor, than a pop-up editor.

I just do not like that big bulky box, no matter if the border etc gets changed or not.The box itself is big, bulky, and ugly. It just doesn't "fit" XenForo, at all.

I would mainly put this down to tinymce (I know I mentioned it 100s of times) but I seriously feel and strongly believe tinymce destroys the potential wherever it's used on xenforo. It restricts what xenforo is capable of being. This isn't a complaint, I just feel tinymce is the biggest pile of horse crap and seriously holds xenforo back.

Great, my space baris broken.

I just hope the constructive criticism about the pop-up overlay, the dev's don't decide to remove it :( - If you're going to change things around, please just add the option to edit replies in-line, and keep both methods.

modal popup serves a purpose in many cases but in the case of the editor, the heart of the system, it should not be on a pop-up. As long as i get my admin option, i'm a happy camper
smile.png

I would like to express my appreciation for the Quick Edit Overlay yet once again. It has become such a pleasure to edit one's postings when you use XenForo: this great overlay functionality made the already excellent UI/UX even better. XenForo makes using and participating in forums fun and easy again (does this sound like an Apple ad?): I guess this was/is indeed one of the main goals of the developers behind XenForo and I guess it's stating the obvious that they have clearly succeeded in that goal indeed.

(The other day I thought... the comparison with Apple isn't really that far off: when it comes to the UI/UX, XenForo is the Apple of forum software (y))

except this is causing issues with chrome users now experiencing the z-index bug in relation to youtube videos.
i am so sick and tired of chrome.

except this is causing issues with chrome users now experiencing the z-index bug in relation to youtube videos.
i am so sick and tired of chrome.
There's a fix for that. You need to add type="application/x-shockwave-flash" to the <object> tag in your BB code media sites.

There are times when I need to disable the post interface pop up because it will not take a pasted link, that or in IE 8 it just stops working on re-edits, so I need to opt for the more options interface or change the mode to get it to work.

I love them, so elegant and easy/no page loading! the more this feature is implemented into other area's of xenforo the better!

View attachment 9403

Huge fan, in most areas, especially where it is logical.

On the post edit - inline edit - I don't quite like it. Yes, I use it all the time, but I lost the ability to scroll up and re-read something for fact checking, or to add someone as a quote, etc. If it was inline, IN the post, i could still use the full page, click other posts to open in new tabs etc. Now I have to save first, do those things, remember and use clipboard, go back to the post, and continue the edit.

The convenience of the overlay cost me convenience of usability.

Now I have to save first, do those things, remember and use clipboard, go back to the post, and continue the edit.
Actually, any edits you make in the overlay will be retained until you refresh the page.
So you can close and re-open it without losing your changes.

So cancel isn't actually 'cancel' ah ok ! Learned something new. Scary though. In case you lose a long post. ( stares at thread with draft-saves )

Cancel does cancel the action but it remembers the edited text, just in case it was an accidental click or you click outside the overlay, which will also close it.

Awesome pants, that solves about half of what you lose - functionality wise. Thank you for the explanation Brogan.